Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Kidney Stone

Started by bethany, May 24, 2013, 02:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bethany

Last Saturday I had to to go the ER because I had sever pain in my back and left side. Had a CAT scan and it revealed that I have an 8 millimeter stone, which is to large to pass. I go in to have it broken up on June 13th.  Wish it was sooner.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Bethany Dawn on May 24, 2013, 02:57:01 PM
Last Saturday I had to to go the ER because I had sever pain in my back and left side. Had a CAT scan and it revealed that I have an 8 millimeter stone, which is to large to pass. I go in to have it broken up on June 13th.  Wish it was sooner.

I understand how painful that can be.  I have had two instances of ER visits for micro-crystalline kidney sludge causing problems.

Sludge can eventually cause stones to form.  The key to home treatment is drinking lots of water (avoid alcohol and caffeinated drinks).  "Another reason for the formation of kidney stones is the presence of excessive amounts of oxalates in the body. Oxalates can be found in foods such as beets, chocolate, coffee, soda, nuts, parsley, rhubarb, spinach, and strawberries."

Good luck.
  •  

Cindy

Quote from: Bethany Dawn on May 24, 2013, 02:57:01 PM

I suffered from them in my 20's, they all passed, but a very painful reminder of why I wish I wasn't born with the male organ!!
  •  

Devlyn

Sorry about that, hon. My friend passed one, he had to pee through a "coffee filter" to collect the stone. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

bethany

I had the stone taken care of via lithotripsy on this past thursday. I now feel 100%.
  •  

Cindy

You can get them made into jewellery I hear >:-)
  •  

bethany

Unfortunately it was blasted apart. It would have made a nice necklace or pendant. LOL
  •  

TheLance

I had a kidney stone when I was 14 (I'm 20 now) and I still vividly remember the agony. It's a good reminder not to drink dark sodas.
Once you've lost everything, you're free to do anything.
  •  

Robert Scott

I get kidney stones frequently ... I think I have had four lithotripsy's ... it sucks!  I am sorry.

One thing my doctors keep telling me is to drink a glass of lemonade daily ... apparently the acid helps in reducing the build up
  •