Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Would you like to give birth to a child?

Started by misty, July 11, 2005, 03:00:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you could be converted to a female sufficiently enough to give birth to a child would you like to do so (also includes the case if you were young enough to do so)?

Yes
265 (76.4%)
No
82 (23.6%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Naomi

Well science is getting there, unfortunately I think I'll miss the cut by a few years but it looks like trans women who are currently children now might have a good shot at it.
あたしは性同一性障害を患っているよ。

aka, when I admitted to myself who I was, not when my dysphoria started :P
  •  

Horizon

No way!  That sounds too painful to imagine, especially when I don't particularly want kids anyway!

Quote from: Miss Bungle on March 10, 2013, 10:33:17 AM
Hell no.

Kids are annoying.

Also, this!
  •  

JLT1

I never fathered a child – bad sperm – but I married a woman with two daughters.   We got them raised, married and now we have four grandchildren – currently aged 8, 6, 5 and 3.  We had them all up at the lake last weekend.  It was a trying time – up early and play all day.  They love me and I love them.  Truly, it was a great experience and one that everyone should have at some point.

I would have my own in a minute.  It would almost be enough to make me like men physically but I think I'd go for a donor. 
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

vegie271

I know this is an old topic but I have to

Were I cis I would have been a surrogate - I would have had a child for couples every three years - even as a lesbian who did not have a partner who wanted children or even had I not had children of my own.

•  

kira21 ♡♡♡

I would really really love to have carried a child. :'( Oh well.

JLT1

I looked up how many cis-women don't want children. It's at 18 percent.  Not that different.
To move forward is to leave behind that which has become dear. It is a call into the wild, into becoming someone currently unknown to us. For most, it is a call too frightening and too challenging to heed. For some, it is a call to be more than we were capable of being, both now and in the future.
  •  

Sarah Louise

I couldn't imagine anything more wonderful than carrying a child and giving birth to a new life.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Absolutely, the thought of not being able to give birth makes me feel incomplete.

But it would never happen in a million years. Even if I did get magical ovaries, these hips just aren't cut for it. ::)
  •  

JillSter

I voted "no" but there's more to it than just no.

Obviously, the only thing I ever wished for is to have been born female. Childbearing is part of that. But honestly, if I had been born female I'd probably still choose to adopt. If I do ever decide to start a family, there are a lot of orphans out there who are wishing for parents and a home. I don't think my genes are so special that I have to procreate when so many kids need a family.

So yeah, I'd love to be able to give birth, but I don't think I would. (Although if it happened by accident, I'm sure I would've been a very happy mommy.) :)

A bittersweet thought. :'(
  •  

Sarah Louise

Giving birth to my own child would not just be for me, it would also be the joy of knowing I was carrying my spouses child. Making them happy also.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Kaitlin4475

Don't get me wrong, i love kids, but that's my wifes job lol... and she would kill me if I had a kid and not her
  •