Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Help support Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Started by Susan, July 22, 2013, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan

Quote from: buddy on July 24, 2013, 09:26:56 PM
  Hi Susan,
  When doing a yearly subscription can I pay with a regular credit card ? I don't use Paypal.

You are supposed to be able to pay using a card without a paypal account.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/mer/WAX_landing-outside
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

LordKAT

You can now. I just did. I will be doing yearly soon however, just the way my money goes.  Thanks for making it able to take a payment without a paypal account as paypal won't recognize me as the person who set up my account with my old name. They refuse to acknowledge that I am the same person just with a different name.
  •  

Asfsd4214

Is there somewhere for me to find out the difference between silver and gold subscriptions?

One other thing, isn't there a danger that making just for us subscription only might cause activity on that forum to significantly reduce and show up on one of the other free general boards?

EDIT: Actually there's one other concern I have, I've thought a bit about how to say this and initially didn't want to because I don't want it to come off as selfish or implying that this hasn't been thought out properly. I consider myself a capitalist and I honestly want this plan to work, but I'm slightly concerned that the price of 10-20$ for one subforum might result in less of a net profit than if it had been priced lower and so had people more likely to pay it.

Again please only see this as a constructive question rather than any kind of criticism. Like I said, I want this to work to the best of its potential.
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Asfsd4214

Quote from: Jamie D on July 25, 2013, 07:04:20 AM
Silver is US$ 10 per month; gold is US$20.

I meant more if there was any difference in terms of forum features or differences planned, like is Just For Us apart of Gold only or both? Maybe I just misunderstood the original post.
  •  

Susan

Silver and gold has no differerences planned. It's your personal choice to help more or less is the only difference. I originally planned one subscription level but multiple users asked about being able to help more. So I added 2 levels to cater to them.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Susan

Quote from: Asfsd4214 on July 25, 2013, 06:59:15 AM
One other thing, isn't there a danger that making just for us subscription only might cause activity on that forum to significantly reduce and show up on one of the other free general boards?

There is no plans to stop with having only the just for us forum. We are going to be adding other new services, but they will be that new services. Just for us is the only existing service that was going to be included and that is intended as a starting point only.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Asfsd4214

Quote from: Susan on July 25, 2013, 07:56:56 AM
Silver and gold has no differerences planned. It's your personal choice to help more or less is the only difference. I originally planned one subscription level but multiple users asked about being able to help more. So I added 2 levels to cater to them.

Thank you for the clarification.   :)
  •  

Jamiep

I just used pay pal for and noted subscription one time payment for a year (I missed the section to order at various levels). Susan, you and your boss deserve to be reimbursed for all the money you have put into this Brilliant, informative, supportive & life saving resource. Also making some wonderful friendships here. Being a senior on limited income, I have contributed what I can so that we can keep this site going into the future.
Cheers & love.
Jamiep

P. S. Having paid in as a subscriber, when will the "Just For Us," be available? When I was setting up a pay pal account, in the procedure I saw a Donation progress scale. Is that available anywhere in the forum, if not, can it be made available?
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

D0LL

Thank you Susan for handling this website single-handedly for so long. Your hard work is definitely appreciated, and I hope that you can get a good amount of donations coming in now. You deserve it for all your hard work. I don't think any of us here would be upset if you need to start showing ads for those of us without subscriptions.
  •  

Susan

Quote from: Jamiep on July 25, 2013, 09:42:06 AM
I just used pay pal for and noted subscription one time payment for a year (I missed the section to order at various levels). Susan, you and your boss deserve to be reimbursed for all the money you have put into this Brilliant, informative, supportive & life saving resource. Also making some wonderful friendships here. Being a senior on limited income, I have contributed what I can so that we can keep this site going into the future.
Cheers & love.
Jamiep

P. S. Having paid in as a subscriber, when will the "Just For Us," be available? When I was setting up a pay pal account, in the procedure I saw a Donation progress scale. Is that available anywhere in the forum, if not, can it be made available?
You donated instead of subscribing, I will transfer it over when I get back home.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Jamiep

Susan, sorry about that, I found the various levels after I made my payment. Appreciate your efforts in switching this for me, good thing  I posted my info. Thank you.
Hugs
Jamiep
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

Susan

You ended up with a 30$ donation and a Silver subscription for a year.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Jamiep

Susan, I wondered if you may be able to do that on your end. Hope I didn't create too much work for you. Thank you for your kind assistance.
Best wishes on achieving your goals.
Jamiep
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

DriftingCrow

I thought the "Just for Us" was for subscribers only. I didn't subscribe, only donated, and yet I was able to go into Just For Us today. Did the policy change?
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Susan

Staff are given subscriber access at no charge for volunteering their time to serve the members of this site. You can still subscribe or donate if you like, but it is not required.

Someone who for whatever reason can't subscribe, then you can consider volunteering your time as well! We need Wiki Staff, Links Staff, and News Staff.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Nygeel

Quote from: Susan on July 23, 2013, 01:14:45 PM

All that will come sometime after the redesign of the site which is the first and most important project. We are running a 1996 look, and we need to fix that.
I thought that was just the style of every trans related forum.
  •  

Joe.

I just had a thought. As the sexuality board was in the just for us section, does that mean that is no longer available to non subscribers? If so, where would I post a question regarding anything of a sexual nature, or does it mean I just can't anymore?
  •  

Susan

Sorry, yes the sexuality is just for us which is subscriber only. I can't answer your question without it first. you can pm and I can offer recommendations.
Susan Larson
Founder

•  

Joe.

That's alright, thank you. Oh no sorry I didn't have a question in mind, it was just so I knew for the future if I did have any questions. Thank you though  ;D
  •