Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

stupid dilation

Started by calico, July 18, 2013, 04:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calico

Sorry this is kinda a vent post, but I will be so happy when I can do this dilating thing once in a while other then 2-3 times a day,  seriously putting a crimp on doing things, and raises the stress level !!!! :-\ Its so aggravating when I have what seems like a bazillion things I have to do and then - crap I have to dilate :-\  I think I have created a few new cuss words because of it....  only 6 months till the 1 year dilate how you want date ::)   oh well....
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

Sarah Louise

Its all part of the package you agreed to when you had surgery.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Flan

Quote from: Cherrie on July 18, 2013, 05:19:04 PM
I hear ya.. If I am too busy then I have a hard time getting relaxed enough to be able to dilate well. 'I MUST relax NOW' just doesn't work.. And if I'm not relaxed then dilation just takes longer and is (more) painful.
This is basically me in a nutshell at the moment. Getting dilated at the surgeon's office and gawd it's painful ;_; Once it's in-in it's not bad but I just can't get relaxed to that point on my own.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

JennX

I concur with your findings. It sucks arse!!!!!

I was out clothes shopping, trying stuff on, and having a generally nice day... when I realize the time. Have to rush home to dilate. Buzz kill. I've got 1.5 months, until I'm down to once per day. Thankfully!!!
"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •  

calico

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the support. If it was just a minor ordeal like going to movies and other thing that I have control of than I would adjust, but atm its to many things I don't have control over, my hours at my jobs isn't helping either, which is the big dilemma but I need money so its one of those damned if I do damned if I don't situations, I go a little lucky today, as I was able to come home and dilate for 45 minutes and right now I'm doing an hour session, I think some of this inconvenience wouldn't have been an issue if it wasn't for what happened last week (total-bs)
I probably should have waited on the bf, but for all honesty he has been a real blessing to me. I know it might help if he knew about my  "situation" but I don't want to tell him so I will just have to manage this obstacle as well.. but it is a damn pain.

But I will say I don't know if I should be proud of this but I can damn near dilate anywhere    :o
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

Jamie D

You ladies gave me an interesting idea.

When I had a balloon angioplasty several years ago, the cardiologist inserted into an artery in my heart, a drug-eluting stent.  The stent was medicated to prevent cells from creating a new blockage in the artery, and the stent helped the artery stay open.  Here is a diagram:

I wonder if something similar might not be utilized in the new vaginal canal during post-op SRS recovery?  It would necessarily need to be scaled up from the tiny stents used in blood vessels.
  •  

calico

I wish they would come up with something that would be small-portable and perhaps able to be used while doing chore's,routines, or a job that would save so much time I swear! :P :laugh:
  •  

Adabelle

I wish I could dilate while I sleep. I end up staying up too late trying to 'squeeze' more hours out of the day and then having to dilate makes me go to bed super late. Then of course I have to wake up early (and it feels super early because I stayed up late) and dilate again.

Only two more months and I hopefully can go to 1x daily... :)
  •  

milktea

i wish my dilator can secrete lube without pulling it out...
perhaps i can sell my design on kickstarter!!!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have a post-op recovery blog now...yeah!
  •  

milktea

i think it is ok to reduce if it doesn't make things any worse...try doing x1 for a couple of days, and if dilation gets any more difficult than it already is you know you are not ready.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
I have a post-op recovery blog now...yeah!
  •  

mrs izzy

I know all the feelings of everyone. I am 3 monts and just made it to 2x a day. Just freeing up the bulk of the day has made things way better. I am looking forward to the 6 month mark also when its 1x a day. Had trouble at first with OMG #4 but seems i am past all that.
As for something portable i would have to agree with everyone on this, life's time managment is so hard to deal with and if there was something that would help?
At the moment i am still using the KY jelly type of lube (store brands when sales), what has others found as a good cheaper option?

edit: Just a add to this i always did at 9am and 9pm and adjusted the ones in the day when i was home. Had not had a issue and tried to keep 4 hrs between them if i could..

Izzy
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

calico

I'm a little envious , of hearing people going to 1-2 times a day, Chettawut wants 3 times a day for a year!  I talked to him about 2 times and he said the goal is 1.5 to2 hours daily, so recently been doing twice daily once in the morn once in the evening with the occasional 3rd time and sometimes 4th if me and mt bf... well you know :D
I am fixing to purchase what other refer to as Mr Orange and move up... Cheattawut's provided dilators were just barely adequate... :-\ I now only uses his as a measuring device.

I am glad to see so many response's. Dilation to me is only minorly painful , but it is frustrating having to have it in my schedule... ::)
  •  

mrs izzy

Quote from: calico on July 23, 2013, 10:44:21 AM
I'm a little envious , of hearing people going to 1-2 times a day, Chettawut wants 3 times a day for a year!  I talked to him about 2 times and he said the goal is 1.5 to2 hours daily, so recently been doing twice daily once in the morn once in the evening with the occasional 3rd time and sometimes 4th if me and mt bf... well you know :D
I am fixing to purchase what other refer to as Mr Orange and move up... Cheattawut's provided dilators were just barely adequate... :-\ I now only uses his as a measuring device.

I am glad to see so many response's. Dilation to me is only minorly painful , but it is frustrating having to have it in my schedule... ::)

Seeing this maybe the reason Cheattawut said 3x a day for a year is maybe because of such "barely adequate" dilators? I am a Dr B. Girl and his was a set of 4 (yep #4 is Mr Orange or i call it OMG #4) and you are using the #4 starting end of 3 months.
Dilations is yes a huge part of the post up-keep (now we know how high maintenance it is) but i look at things as once we can have natural intercourse i feel every girl should be able to make the adjustments needed to maintain what she has either adding more or less dilations. Not everyone heals the same and i feel everyone should be able to make there own adjustments as needed once we got to the maximum size dilation.
For me at the moment the schedule and times recommended by Dr. B. are working and will keep up with his recommdatoins but not to say i might move the time around  to also allow me to live a normal life.

Izzy
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

missy1992

I too am fed up with dilation!
Really though, it seems ridiculous. I am young and like to go out so can you imagine how happy I feel when I come home at 3 am and can't yet go to bed because I have to do the deed?! My life is currently revolving around dilating and I have just over a month to go until I am down to twice daily. I can't wait until I get down to weekly sessions!!!

One thing that I will admit to doing while dilating is "cheating." For example, right now I have to dilate with 3 dilators, one a 5 mins, 2 at 10 mins, and 3 at 15 mins. The first is the smallest, 3rd the largest. Sometimes I will just do the first for like 2 mins, the second for 5-7 and the last for the full fifteen. Eases the burden a little bit. A few times when I was really rushed I said a prayer and went to number 3 right away. So long as I am doing the largest one for the allotted time I figure I am not really doing any harm.
  •  

Karynm8621

As someone who is 2 1/2 years post op I can totally understand where this is coming from. But let me say that as much as a pain as it is NOW, it will make a huge difference later. Trust me when I say, keep up your schedule! What is a chore now will make things easier in the future. It's a pain, but it is worth it ..

Even after this amount of time and only dilating once every so many weeks it still feels like the same chore as when it was 3-4 times a day. Dilating is just not something that we look forward too usually.
  •  

calico

Quote from: mind is quiet now on July 23, 2013, 11:13:56 AM
Seeing this maybe the reason Cheattawut said 3x a day for a year is maybe because of such "barely adequate" dilators? I am a Dr B. Girl and his was a set of 4 (yep #4 is Mr Orange or i call it OMG #4) and you are using the #4 starting end of 3 months.
Dilations is yes a huge part of the post up-keep (now we know how high maintenance it is) but i look at things as once we can have natural intercourse i feel every girl should be able to make the adjustments needed to maintain what she has either adding more or less dilations. Not everyone heals the same and i feel everyone should be able to make there own adjustments as needed once we got to the maximum size dilation.
For me at the moment the schedule and times recommended by Dr. B. are working and will keep up with his recommdatoins but not to say i might move the time around  to also allow me to live a normal life.

Izzy

I haven't made it to mr. orange yet, but as soon as I have the funds he will be on his way to pay me a visit  :P I am at 4 months at this point and am only using blue and green dilators.. and occasionally my male dilator  :laugh:
  •  

justinesmithies

Im 10 weeks post op and im down to twice a day although i agree with Adabelle as i seem to stay up way late trying to get more time then end up dilating whilst my partner goes to sleep. Then before you know it you have to get up and start all over again  ;)
  •  

JennX

Quote from: calico on July 24, 2013, 12:55:23 AM
I haven't made it to mr. orange yet, but as soon as I have the funds he will be on his way to pay me a visit  :P I am at 4 months at this point and am only using blue and green dilators.. and occasionally my male dilator  :laugh:

I'm using the orange soul sorce dilator now (aka Lexington Steele), but I'm not exactly how necessary it really is. The thing is huge, and takes some getting used to at first. More so than the size increase going from blue to green. 80% of males in real life are simply not this big. I know we need to follow the surgeons recommendation, blah, blah, blah... but as someone with a medical background and lots of experience with males during intimate times, I'm not sure the orange size dilator is "necessary".

Waiting til my once a day schedule starts... 1 more month to go.  ;D
"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •  

calico

Quote from: JennX on July 24, 2013, 08:20:40 AM
I'm using the orange soul sorce dilator now (aka Lexington Steele), but I'm not exactly how necessary it really is. The thing is huge, and takes some getting used to at first. More so than the size increase going from blue to green. 80% of males in real life are simply not this big. I know we need to follow the surgeons recommendation, blah, blah, blah... but as someone with a medical background and lots of experience with males during intimate times, I'm not sure the orange size dilator is "necessary".

Waiting til my once a day schedule starts... 1 more month to go.  ;D

I wasn't sure I was going to go to the orange (Lexington steele) so I didn't order at the time I got the blue and green, but my bf has convinced me otherwise .  :-X I know what the typical average male has, but I guess he is not in that average as he is larger (round) than my green, and can bottom me out  :-\ (my depth is 6"-6.5" now 
  •