Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

curious about d-regimen's

Started by calico, July 24, 2013, 01:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calico

Well the thread I started out of frustration has spurred a curiosity of mine, I have read a couple peoples regimens, and I knw mine and I think they are all over the board, but well heck heres the skinny.... I am curious about the dilation regimen everyone has that is post op. mainly because I want to compare and also pure curiosity, from what I know I wonder, why is every dr's regimen so different from each other  ??? very confusing :icon_zombie:
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

Jamie D

I wonder if the instructions vary with which type of procedure was performed?
  •  

Jenna Marie

From Brassard's instructions :

"At home, you should dilate 4 times per day with, #1, #2 for 5, 15
minutes for one month.

Dilate 3 times per day with #1, #2, #3 for 5, 10, 15 minutes for two months.

Dilate twice a day with #2, #3, #4, for 5, 10, 15 minutes for 3 months

Dilate once a day with #3, #4, for 5, 15 minutes for 6 months.

Slowly increase the interval of time between each dilation until you
reach one dilation per week with #4, for 15 minutes for the rest of
your life.

If you have difficulties with a bigger size dilator, wait before you
are comfortable with this one before using a bigger size.  You can go
back to a smaller size and increase the frequency for a few days."

He's VERY specific, at least, up to the year mark. I appreciated that.

Personally, I'm a bit over a year post-op now, and I admit I went to every other day on pretty much day #366 because I was so tired of it. :) Fortunately, that worked fine; skipping a day in between hasn't made dilations any more difficult. In another month or so I may try every third day, and so on.
  •  

Vicky

For Dr. Bowers mine was use Soulsource purple (1 1/8") for 14 days 3X day for 10 - 15 minutes per session, blue (1 1/14") for 3X day for 14 days 10 -15 minutes per session, green (1 3/8") 3X day for 62 days also 10 - 15 minutes (90 days total 3X sessions). At day 45 onward 1 PV intercourse can begin and will count as one dilation session.  At 90 days of 2X sessions, also 10 - 15 minutes session with the green. At 181 days, a single session per day that you do not have PV sex.   Bowers does not go up to orange, but that is why the green is recommended daily for the rest of your life - green or the color of your partners _______!!

That said, time to head off for my now single daily dilation and a nice warm bath.
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

Flan

My instructions were pretty vague (3 to 5 times daily) so I took the lazy route that I could do day in and day out (3/day). Since the instructions were also pretty basic (15-20 min a pop) I took from Brassard and do 5 min with #1 and 15 min with #2. So far so good although to be honest I don't see myself moving beyond #2 (never been with somebody sexually, probably never will).
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •  

calico

Great info so far.

I'll post mine up since  I guess I should for info

starting out - it was suppose to be #1 for 30 minutes twice a day for a week, than 1 for 20 minutes 2 for 10  and on each day increase time of #2 and decrease #1 till 1 is 5 minutes and 2 is 25, 3rd week - should star at #1 for 5, #2 for 15,#3 for 10, and of course adjust till # is at 15,and increase sessions to 40 minute total, 4th week, well you get the idea. and 3 times a day @ 40 minutes total each for a year :-\

currently I purchase the blue and green soul source dilators, and am doing blue for 5-20 than green for 15 to 40 depending if I dilate 2 or 3 times a day. This is my own decided regimen, after reading about others on the board.
"To be one's self, and unafraid whether right or wrong, is more admirable than the easy cowardice of surrender to conformity."― Irving Wallace  "Before you can be anything, you have to be yourself. That's the hardest thing to find." -  E.L. Konigsburg
  •  

JennX

And now... for the olympic marathon event of long time dilation... aka Dr. McGinn's dilation schedule:

1. First 8 weeks = 5 times per day
2. Weeks 9-24 = 4 times per day
3. Weeks 25-52 = 1 time per day
4. Over 53 weeks postop = 2 times per week ... FOREVER!!!!

Her schedule is what you'd term aggressive.

I started on Mr. Orange at around 4 months postop. Mr. Green was at around 3 months postop.
"If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
-Dolly Parton
  •