Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

question regarding hairstyle

Started by Pia Bianca, July 27, 2013, 01:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pia Bianca

Today I saw a great hair style in TV and I just had to make screenshots of it.

Is this hairstyle doable for a MTF willing to pass? I have the M type hairline, just in case that's important. I thought that it might be hiding the M a bit, but since my hair is short right now I can't test.

I just love this hairstyle and would die to have it myself eventually.

•  

Emmaline

I dont know in regards to your question, but that is a super cute style!

The two things I think of though is that...

a: it draws your eyes across the hairline to the knot at the side so your eyes do not fixate on the hairline itself.  Possibly a good thing.  Especially with light skin and hair which softens the contrast.

B: the sides are pulled back so expose the angle of the jaw (where your jaw sharply turns up) which many mtf cover initially as it can be a masculine area (ffs often shave bone here).  Some girls are lucky in this area and just have a brooke shields/ange jolie tjing going on... others are more robert redford/brad pitt and hide this with long bangs.

C: you should note that the forehead of this girl is small- and this style frames it nicely.  A short brow to hairline distance is a very feminine feature... (though again see mz Jolie or summer glau for examples of larger foreheads that work)  again FFS often brings hairline forward for this reason.

D: braids are feminine... it will clearly help people gender you.  Thats a pro... it may be a stronger signal then the hairline.

I think its definitely worth experimenting with!
Body... meet brain.  Now follow her lead and there will be no more trouble, you dig?

•  

Lyric

Well, that style pulls back the hairline all the way across the front, so it's going to expose your entire "M" shaped hairline that I suspect you wish to hide. That eliminates it right there. Unless you want to go to one of those hair replacement places and buy some sort of lace front hairpiece, you'll need a different style. I'd suggest something with sideswept long bangs or like that, though I really can't say without seeing you. We folks with less hair up front pretty much have to put our braids elsewhere-- like the sides, top or back. There are a lot of fun things you can do, though. Search YouTube for braid ideas and you'll find a lot. Here's a great site with tons of gorgeous hairstyling ideas, including braiding: http://www.fashionising.com/hair
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life." - Steve Jobs
  •