Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Loosing weight before or after transition

Started by MikeO999, July 28, 2013, 04:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sophia Sage

If anything, I think it helps to get a little underweight. Limit your calories, and exercise vigorously ramping up to an hour a day six days a week, with a mix of cardio (mostly cardio) and resistance training to keep your metabolism up.

At the very least, do this before you have surgery. Before HRT if you can -- it'll make your hormones that much more effective. 

As for weight gain after all is said and done, it's not going to be a panacea.  If you've got a beer belly now, that's what you'll get going forward.  It won't all go to your hips. 
What you look forward to has already come, but you do not recognize it.
  •  

davina61

a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Abbiem

Quote from: davina61 on January 08, 2017, 06:59:13 AM
well lost 8lb this week,just 40 to go ::)

Yes , goodluck Davina, iam trying to lose weight too before any surgery.
  •  

Artesia

I've been stuck at my weight since I started HRT.  I lost about 40Lbs prior to that, reading this I now wish I had waited, just so I could lose a bit more, but I'm not going to stop now, just going to try to do more to continue losing weight.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

jill610

Based on the assumption that it'll be much harder to lose weight after hrt, I have lost 110# over the last year doing 3-4 hours of high intensity cardio a week, combined with a low sodium and low calorie diet, completely got rid of soda ( that was really super hard for me), and dramatically cutting down on beer and so on. I do worry that when/if hrt starts that there won't be much to redistribute as it is. The drop from 14 >> 8 though does wonders for self esteem and have way more energy.

•