Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hikari

I kinda regretted buying fable the lost chapters.

I thought it would as lots more content but really it was just some more side quests.
私は女の子 です!My Blog - Hikari's Transition Log http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/board,377.0.html
  •  

Colleen♡Callie

Quote from: Ryan55 on March 11, 2014, 10:01:28 AM
Every call of duty game lol I don't know why I keep getting them when I'm always disappointed, I guess I like playing through the campaign mode and then multiplayer gets boring and I'm stuck listening to 12 yr olds who shouldn't even be playing it, tell me I suck and giving me yo mama comebacks

I am a bit of a history buff.  I loved the CoD games when they were WWII centered.  Stopped playing after they went modern. 
"Tell my tale to those who ask.  Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.  The rest is silence." - Dinobot

•  

@Diana

this one

because it doesn't load, i bought from ebay & am too lazy to return to get refund lol
  •  

Alyssa Rae

Those three Burger King games.   :D god they were aweful, lol.  (Expected that going in)
Someday, the dream will end
  •  

xponentialshift

Quote from: Alyssa Rae on April 29, 2014, 09:20:23 AM
Those three Burger King games.   :D god they were aweful, lol.  (Expected that going in)
I remember getting the Sneak King game for free... It was entertaining enough for about an hour. Granted I was playing music at the same time so I wasn't paying too Mich attention to the game.
  •  

MbutF

Dark Souls  :P

I knew It was hard, I knew I'd struggle, but still bought it. I'm still stuck in the asylum, can't get past the boss!
  •  

TheQuestion

The Mummy Returns... that should explain everything.
  •  

Kimberley Beauregard

I bought Sonic 2006 and played it on my housemate's xBox 360.  I'm not exaggerating when I say it's one of the worst games I've ever played.
- Kim
  •  

Li

i shouldn't have bought Rain 3. it was way low graph even for its time.
Be you and let others be themselves.
  •  

Skyler

buying any WoW game package... that game...so boring...
  •  

TheQuestion

Quote from: Skyler Lusk on May 21, 2014, 06:39:47 AM

Warcraft 3 was great though.  I really wish they'd go back to RTS games...
  •  

Apples Mk.II

- Neverdead. The konami logo actually fooled me, and now I automatically discard anything by Rebellion. The only games I've enjoyed from them is Rogue Tropper and Shellshock 2: blood trails was just a masochistic exercise on my side just for the joy of suffering (And I still enjoyed it more than Neverdead).

- The Eidos complete pack on  Steam: I only have this because It was only 10€ more than the price of just getting Arkham Asylum Alone. A decision I'm still regreting since I feel nothing for like 99% of the games on the bundle.

- Alone In The Dark (Gameboy Color): Actually bought it by the absurd graphics since in the end there would not be a GBC Resident Evil. The combat... Sold it to a neighbour in less than a week.

- Arkham City: I decided I would not play another Batman game after this game. I had it reserved for months before its release, came late, bundled with Games for Windows... I still have a Steam key to give away.

- Grand Theft Auto IV: Rockstar is also blacklisted on my credit card.

- Lucidity: Does anybody even remember this? And it was supposed to come from Lucasarts. Too bad Lucas was a walking corpse long before Disney came

And a lot more, that basically amounts to two boxes of games nobody wants, not even as a gift.
  •  

WaspWoman

Red Dead Redemption. My brother had totally talked it up to me and I was pretty excited for it. Nope. Terrible. Undead Nightmare was an improvement for sure, but still not worth it.
Cheers!
- Drew

Come by and enjoy a refreshing Drewski @ thedrewpub.tumblr.com :icon_drunk:
  •  

Alyssa Rae

The price is right: Decades
Probably the most boring game ever made.
I'm not knocking it for being a game show adaptation, as my girlfriend and I usually enjoy playing board game, trivia, and game show adaptations together since she's not very good at "hardcore" games, but this was just very poorly executed. 
Someday, the dream will end
  •  

Missamy

Quote from: Hikari on March 11, 2014, 04:32:52 PM
I kinda regretted buying fable the lost chapters.

I thought it would as lots more content but really it was just some more side quests.
I bought it without getting the original. I disliked the 2nd game, and loathed the 3rd
  •  

Dani Davis

Most recently Raven Squad.  Far Cry 3 runs a close second.  The first two hours of that game almost killed it for me.

Civilization 4 and 5 were both let downs.

But in the grand scheme of things, Doom 3 was probably the biggest let down ever.  Really had high hopes for that one.  The only game in recent memory I paid full price for and and still kicking myself over it.

Now Skyrim - there's a top notch game!
There are few limits - just unexplored options.
Mariette Pathy Allen
Author of Transformations
  •  

Vale

People are going to hate me for this, but Fable 3 was probably my worst video game purchase. Played like 3 hours in and haven't wanted to touch it since.
  •  

Blue Senpai

Quote from: Skyler Lusk on May 21, 2014, 06:39:47 AM

This. I thought it was fun but I quickly asked Blizzard's CS for a refund. Boring and time-consuming.
  •  

ForceMustang

Quote from: Dani Davis on July 01, 2014, 01:59:24 AM

Now Skyrim - there's a top notch game!

Totally agree with you. But i was lvl 42 and starting the promising extension 'Dragonborn' when my place was robbed and the mean thiefs took my xbox. Now i have to play it all over again.

Battlefield 3 was an epic fail for me. Not the game in itself but i found it too realistic. I love killing aliens and stuff with mighty fire, and most FPS are a bliss but this warlike context was too real for me and made me feel uncomfortable and thinking 'this poor guy I just shot must have a family' (probably also because this war is happening right now, not in a distant past)

Anyone else having troubles with realistic war games ?
Mal: "If anyone gets nosy, just ...you know ... shoot 'em. "
Zoe: "Shoot 'em?"
Mal: "Politely."

--Firefly.
  •  

Avinia

I actually have not regretted very many of my game purchases, mostly because most of them were under $40. But I shall list some anyways.

Minecraft
World of Warcraft
Robotech Invasion(think that was it's name)
Far Cry 2
Quake Wars or something like that
The Gameboy Color Rugrats games, never made it past the first level
Halo Wars
Stronghold 2
Everquest 1 and 2

Then there are the games I bought in game currency for, but I won't talk about those(most were Asian games and I wasted years playing them).
  •