Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLEMISH

Assassins Creed: Black Flag, I just couldn't get into it, and I never really have a ton of money, so I regret it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

DawnOday

Aladdin, When I bought it for my 6 year old son there was no going back. The bug set in. He attends several competitions each year and it is not uncommon for him to spend the entire weekend playing games.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

King Malachite

With new game releases come new regrets.  This time, I am regretting buying Sims 4, Bad Apple Wars, and L.A. Noire!
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Roll

Oh God. Where do I even begin? The games that outright sucked, the games that I never got around to playing, or the ones that I wound up clearing out in a day?

Though on consideration I've done very well about not regretting game purchases in 2017! This past year I've only had one regret, Cave Story+ for the Switch. Great game, but I paid 4 times the going rate everywhere else for a game that is really old just to have something besides Zelda for the console when I first picked it up back in June or so. Previous years were loaded with endless examples of games I didn't have time for, or only played so far after release they were down to 10-20 bucks after I paid full price.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

PurpleWolf

Quote from: King Malachite on July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM
If you have been a gamer long enough, there's a good chance that you've purchased a game and just regretted spending money on it.  Lets discuss these experiences.

I have brought a lot of games that I regret purchasing, like many Gameboy Advance games (Monopoly and the Final Fight One comes to mind.).  I purchased Red Dead Redemption and regretted it.  I purchased Saints Row: The Third and regretted buying that and the strategy guide horribly.  It was a kick in the gut when they game out with the "Full Package" Edition so soon. 

What are some of the games you regret buying, especially at full price?

Just guess how many times...... ;D! Some of them so embarrassing I don't feel comfortable to reveal even on this forum!!! Many games just suck so bad...

One memorable comes to mind: buying Uncharted 3 as a gift (!!!) instead of Assassin's Creed........! Man that game sucked so bad.............

Fortunately though I don't usually buy them at full price...!

Warning: NEVER buy a game before seeing some videos on it.......!

Many have really been a hit & miss!

Even good/decent/somewhat playable games have sucky parts in them. Don't know what the game designers are thinking!!!
!!!REBIRTH=legal name change on Feb 16th 2018!!!
This is where life begins for me. It's a miracle I finally got it done.

My body is the home of my soul; not the other way around.

I'm more than anything an individual; I'm too complex to be put in any box.

- A social butterfly not living in social isolation anymore  ;D -
(Highly approachable but difficult to grasp)

The past is overrated - why stick with it when you are able to recreate yourself every day
  •  

Tamika Olivia

My most recent regret is Dishonored: Death of The Outsider. While I'm way, way into Billie Lurk as a protagonist, the game itself broke with all of the things I loved about Dishonored and 2. Character building, the chaos system, new game plus, the cruddy final levels... Billie deserved a better game to star in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

•  

DawnOday

Mattel Odyssey. Watching dot's run the bases. I'm old people. I was there at the beginning. 
Dawn Oday

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Allison S

None they all helped distract me at the time I need them. Wish it was still like that but I guess now I'm facing reality

I used to obsessively play FF 10 I'd even play in the blitz(?) tournaments. Pokemon was another one and the sims. I loved rpgs, a lot of them were my big brothers'

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

•  

Ava LJ

I forget the name, but the first game I ever bought with my own money was this awful Yu-Gi-Oh game for Xbox. I loved the show when I was a kid so when I saw it at blockbuster I was super jazzed about it cause I thought it'd be just like that and it ended up just being a really boring, barebones card game with screen caps  from the anime. I was bitter for weeks >_<

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: PurpleWolf on December 10, 2017, 07:46:51 AM
Just guess how many times...... ;D! Some of them so embarrassing I don't feel comfortable to reveal even on this forum!!! Many games just suck so bad...

One memorable comes to mind: buying Uncharted 3 as a gift (!!!) instead of Assassin's Creed........! Man that game sucked so bad.............

Fortunately though I don't usually buy them at full price...!

Warning: NEVER buy a game before seeing some videos on it.......!

Many have really been a hit & miss!

Even good/decent/somewhat playable games have sucky parts in them. Don't know what the game designers are thinking!!!

Hey, sorry for the late reply!  Ugh, I remember getting Uncharted 3 on Black Friday.  I was SO happy, that I literally just hung around that area in Best Buy until all the copies were gone, lol.  That game was such a let down.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

Evienne

My biggest regret was Rocket League because my very first match put me against high ranking players and games after that weren't any better and I just thought what kind of a crappy matchmaking system is this?
Just had a hard time getting into it when not knowing what I'm doing yet and constantly getting beat up by higher leveled players.

Also been disliking Battlefeild 1 for similar reason. Just don't like spawning and then dying right away by getting shot by someone in the back that I have no idea where they came from XD
Been trying to still get into it anyways but idk. Don't play it that often.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

King Malachite

Bad Apple Wars- I never even opened that game (brand new), because I just lost interest.

•  

4A-GZE

Homebrew - Patent Unknown

I only payed $5 for it, but the controls are so awful that it's practically unplayable.
  •  

TheDelBel

I'd have to say Violett. It looked cool and all, but it turned out to be a huge bore after 8 minutes.  :-\
<3
  •  

DawnOday

Aladin -  Bought it for my son when he was 8. He told me Nintendo was his life and he has tried to prove it to me for the last 18 years.
Dawn Oday

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Amaki

Final Fantasy 13 is one of them, Great game dont get me wrong. But it literally is an interactive book nothing like the other final fantasy's.

There are a number of odd games I cant remember and a few online games I regret but other than that if it was a hard copy game I probably sold them lol
If life is too short for what ifs, than way do they always strike at the worse times.

Most people are worried about burning bridges, but forget about the consistent fire that burns on the roads we walk

In the end we only regret the chances we didnt take. -Lewis Carroll

Feel free to call me Sophia Lee if you want

The journey may not be new but its a new journey.

16 Apr 2018 - Start of a new chapter
8 Jun 2018- VA is working with me to move forward
11 Jul 2018 - consultation with Psych doctor
14 Jul 2018 - Dad confronted me...
7 Aug 2018 - Started HRT
25 Oct 2018 - Started Speech Therapy
24 Apr 2019 - Official name is Sophia Lee Bell

•