Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Video Games You Regret Purchasing

Started by King Malachite, July 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abby Claire

Quote from: WillowRyder on September 14, 2014, 01:59:30 PM
Hahahahhahahah yessssss! I almost have to stay off my computer for a full week to prevent that from happening =P

Yeah, it's pretty sad. Especially when I don't even install half the games and then play the F2P games like dota 2 and TF2.
  •  

WillowRyder

Quote from: Abby Claire on September 14, 2014, 02:09:55 PM
Yeah, it's pretty sad. Especially when I don't even install half the games and then play the F2P games like dota 2 and TF2.

Haha, yeah, my Steam library has 81 games, but I doubt I've played more than 20. I used to love TF2 so much, played competitively! As far as DOTA 2 I play LoL.

At least i got Borderlands 2 for $5, that was worth it!
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Hemingway!
  •  

Abby Claire

Quote from: WillowRyder on September 14, 2014, 02:19:36 PM
Haha, yeah, my Steam library has 81 games, but I doubt I've played more than 20. I used to love TF2 so much, played competitively! As far as DOTA 2 I play LoL.

At least i got Borderlands 2 for $5, that was worth it!

That's what makes it so hard to resist! I'd pay $5 for even mediocre games, but when good games I wouldn't normally play are that cheap, I feel obligated to make the purchase. Then I don't play them, but at least I have them in my library for when I'm bored. Haha
  •  

WillowRyder

Quote from: Abby Claire on September 14, 2014, 03:00:54 PM
That's what makes it so hard to resist! I'd pay $5 for even mediocre games, but when good games I wouldn't normally play are that cheap, I feel obligated to make the purchase. Then I don't play them, but at least I have them in my library for when I'm bored. Haha

Haha, yeah, and then ya never get bored enough with everything else life gives you so you never play them =P
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -Hemingway!
  •  

Catherine W.

Fallout: New Vegas

I played 10 minutes of this game before the lack of immersion just killed it for me. There was so little dialogue and just the fact that everyone walked through walls and had 500 dollars cash all the time was horrible. I am ashamed to say that I bought this back when it came out, and for the full price. Horrible, horrible game.

I would put Rage here too, but I bought it for $5 at best buy two months after the release so I can't complain. :D That was the Anarchy edition too.
  •  

WillowRyder

Quote from: Catherine W. on September 14, 2014, 06:17:57 PM
Fallout: New Vegas

I played 10 minutes of this game before the lack of immersion just killed it for me. There was so little dialogue and just the fact that everyone walked through walls and had 500 dollars cash all the time was horrible. I am ashamed to say that I bought this back when it came out, and for the full price. Horrible, horrible game.

I would put Rage here too, but I bought it for $5 at best buy two months after the release so I can't complain. :D That was the Anarchy edition too.

Ohhh New Vegas...I got for 2.75 on Steam sale, played a few hours of it, but it just was in no way as good as Morrowind or even Fallout 3 and I definitely got bored with the storyline and lack of variety in sidequests. And any cool items worth a damn were so incredibly high level and overpriced and required DLC so i got bored fast.
  •  

Kitten_Nikki

Star Trek The Game set supposedly between Star Trek reboot and Into Darkness. Fell for the 'it isn't going to be just a tie-in line'. I played through and beat it but haven't touched it since. It was just so meh.
  •  

iiMTF

*revives thread*

Sim City. I love the game, but I never play it cause I always forget I have it lol.
Not allowed on for awhile. Be back soon!
  •  

JenLotus

I regret champions online.
I regret D.C. universe online.
I regret any Mario game outside of kart series (I seriously get tired of jumping on turtles).
I regret final fantasy 13.
I regret batman arkham origins.
I regret sonic R. I do not regret sonic jam.

I do not regret owning four copies of final fantasy 7, or three copies of FF3 US SNES (6 Japan) / FF6 on anthology.
  •  

GenTechJ

Most recently? Star Trek: Legacy for 360. Just don't do it, don't.
"Keep your head down, and inch towards daylight" - Blade of Tyshalle, Matthew Woodring Stover
  •  

Mai

i regret paying for most of the games i own.  especially wasted money on pre-orders since i end up not being able to take advantage of early access, or to games on the first few days mostly.

right now what do i regret though?  at the beginning of summer while i was stuck at home from my accident my roommate bought wow for me that i played for a little over 2 months.  (2 months to get my mistweaver main to 566 ilvl almost entirely from pug groups with me as the better healer and to start failing at my search for heroics before i stoped)  while i was active i pre-ordered warlords of draenor.... which is now active, but i let my subscription expire and no longer have the spare money for a sub...  so i now own a game, i bought 4-5 months ago, and dont intend on playing for quite a while now.  waste of money.

oh. yea, sim city.  bought it on pre-order, played it once, didnt bother again.

same with rome 2 total war.

ff14 arr.  i pre-ordered.  i pre-ordered and they sent the pre-order as a physical disk, so i didnt get to play my pre-ordered game till after it had been out for almost 3 weeks.   

eliete dangerous i have ordered already and was in the beta, i logged in to see what it looks like... and now the icon is sitting in the middle of my screen saying PLAY ME!  but i dont have the time for it... other priorities now lol.
  •  

BlueGemFox

I somewhat regret getting The evil within, that game just.. hmm the story line just wasnt drawing me in and the controlls were kind of boring
I absolutely regret getting the sims 4, being a big fan of the sims series, this one was a right kick in the teeth

I absolutly regretted the dreaded Sonic 06
~The first steps in a journey are the toughest, but also the most proudest~

•  

Devu

•  

King Malachite

Marvel vs Capcom 3- I couldn't beat the boss so I gave up for now.  I will probably try again at a later time.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Stephanie00Rayne

Assassins Creed Unity...  What a pile of steaming dog sh.............

This game has not ran on my computer since the day I purchased it.  And considering I have a very beefy gaming PC that makes it the game/Ubisofts fault.  >:(
Oct 15/14 - Fulltime
Jan. 31/15 - Electrolysis Started

•  

PhoenixGurl2016

I Just traded for Super Mario Galaxy 2, can not wait to play it

•  

Peebles

I got the Halo anniversary thing because I wanted at least one Halo game, same thing with Twilight Princess for Zelda.

I can't get into either of these games, they just aren't my thing.

I got pissed off at the Kirby anniversary pack when I found out you can't play save files, but rather whatever the wii saves at that moment. I felt jyped and haven't picked it up since.
  •  

mellynn88

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate on Xbox 360.  Unfortunately I can't even seem to get the game to work due to required DLCs.  It tells me to download specific ones in order to play(even offline, which i find really ridiculous) and even after I've downloaded them it sill doesn't work. Very frustrating... >:(
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Pacman  Ver 1.0 (yes!! I'm THAT old :icon_lol: .......... I'm still addicted to it.

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Skyler

Life is Feudal... many bugs...missing skills..cant properly grind...pvp doesn't work.
  •