Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Living without Tucking.

Started by Mayra Viamonte, August 05, 2013, 03:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esther22

Actually I don't mind the "bulge"  as it make me feel like I have another breast, (which girls cant have) & it makes me anxious when I can have 2 more of them up on my chest! I like wearing long skirts, so the bulge is for my private world.  Esther22
  •  

Idaliaylix

Being non-op I've never tucked, never had any reason or desire to.  And I used to wear tight skinny jeans and leggings (by themselves, no skirt); I'm sure some bulge was showing subtly (or not-so-subtly in leggings/yoga pants), but I didn't let it worry me too much.  It's my body, my natural anatomy that I'm fine with morphologically speaking, and I didn't think it was right to be pressured to go out of my way to tuck and conceal.  Most people aren't walking around glaring at women's crotches all day, anyway.  I never got ogled as far as I was aware, and nobody ever said anything to me about it (except my mom, lol, once early on before I explained).

Unless you're wearing super-tight bottoms or a swimsuit, I don't think it's the problem it's made out to be for most of us.  I truly don't have to give it a second thought anymore, because I dress modestly now--maxi skirts, and long coats that cover that area--so it's a moot point as nothing's visibly protruding regardless.  I fully understand why women with significant genital dysphoria would feel the need to tuck, but for the rest of us it's a non-issue IMHO.
"...what I seem to be is the monkey wrench in the machinery of everyone's sexual politics...it gets awfully frustrating at times.  What I really am is a paradox in that "transsexual" just doesn't fit into my identity, who I am to myself.  In other words, what I've been through is terribly interesting, but I have no interest in using it to say who I am."

"The transsexual experience, while a major survival issue, is not the central identity-defining factor in our lives, even though it is seen as what makes us different from other people. Despite its magnitude and intensity, it is, in the long run, merely a preliminary step to getting on with our lives."

--Beth Elliott, Mirrors, Portrait of a Lesbian Transsexual

•  

Charlie Nicki

Interesting conversation. I still present male so right now I don't worry about it but it's great to know that there are other less uncomfortable options.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

Sabrina99

My penis is very small, so thankfully not really obvious.
  •  

Translady

I'm totally comfortable with my bulge considering it's just average size anyway plus I have come to realise that considering I'm confident about myself, I'm fine with being open about my sex and gender. In other words, yes, although I'm sometimes insecure about what other people may think of me because I'm a transsexual female with male genitals, I'm easily confident and mature enough to not pay any mind to people that don't like me.
  •  

Translady

I must say that I really do luv the original comment and the other reply comments on this topic.
  •  

Eryn T

Barbie's got the right idea!

And Charlie Nicki, girl, why do you present as male still while looking that gorgeous?

This was a pretty interesting read through!  I don't understand where the pain or discomfort is supposed to come from, though.  I'm way more comfortable when I tuck, and occassionally it just feels like it vanishes completely, and that makes me very happy.

I'm not HRT yet, and no plans for surgery. I don't have a super small pecker(yet!) but I enjoy tucking so much that I basically never untuck, I sleep tucked, too.  I admit, I was nervous doing that at first(like I might hurt myself) but I haven't and I don't see any reason why I might at this point.
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

Charlie Nicki

Quote from: Eryn T on May 27, 2018, 03:58:07 AM

And Charlie Nicki, girl, why do you present as male still while looking that gorgeous?

This was a pretty interesting read through!  I don't understand where the pain or discomfort is supposed to come from, though.  I'm way more comfortable when I tuck, and occassionally it just feels like it vanishes completely, and that makes me very happy.

I'm not HRT yet, and no plans for surgery. I don't have a super small pecker(yet!) but I enjoy tucking so much that I basically never untuck, I sleep tucked, too.  I admit, I was nervous doing that at first(like I might hurt myself) but I haven't and I don't see any reason why I might at this point.
Hi Eryn, thanks for the compliment! I'll be going full time in the next couple of weeks.
Latina :) I speak Spanish, English and a bit of Portuguese.
  •  

barbie

Quote from: Eryn T on May 27, 2018, 03:58:07 AM

But, sometimes I do take care of tucking, especially when I wear tight short pants. Fortunately I mostly wear skirts.

barbie~~
Just do it.
  •  

Manic Pixie Hollow

My genitals are above average. Do any of you just wear a bikini without tucking, like at the beach or hotel swimming pool. Isn't it easier to just say this is who I am, breasts and a penis, deal with it?
  •  

Linde

I have nothing left that requires any hiding, but I would not wear a bikini anyway.  manatees in bikinis never look good, and I can easily compete with a manatee looks wise!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Tessa James

Welcome aboard MPH,

I like your attitude.  Yes, people can learn to deal with the realities of diversity that are no longer staying in some dark quiet closet.  If someone is intent on checking out the camel toes, baskets and whatever lumps and bumps we all possess then that is on them.  I/we need not respond in kind or too kindly, if at all.

I am just back from a trip to the Olympic National Park and Lake Quinault Lodge where we luxuriated in the pool and sauna.  It is so fun to swim and I will not be excluded from the public sphere by little lumps or bumps.  How bout you?
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Faith

I literally have to tuck. I simply cannot abide the feeling of something down there. While smoothness is preferred as for as aesthetics are concerned, the main drive to tuck for me is not being able to tell it's there. If I can feel it, I did it wrong.
I left the door open, only a few came through. such is my life.

•  

Linde

Quote from: Faith on March 22, 2019, 12:59:51 PM
I literally have to tuck. I simply cannot abide the feeling of something down there. While smoothness is preferred as for as aesthetics are concerned, the main drive to tuck for me is not being able to tell it's there. If I can feel it, I did it wrong.
Have you thought about an orchi Faith?  I have nothing left to feel anymore, they cleaned me up pretty much down there!
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: Manic Pixie Hollow on March 22, 2019, 11:10:18 AM
My genitals are above average. Do any of you just wear a bikini without tucking, like at the beach or hotel swimming pool. Isn't it easier to just say this is who I am, breasts and a penis, deal with it?
@Manic Pixie Hollow
Dear Manic Pixie Hollow    aka: MPH
     I am so very glad that you have become a member here and that you found the Susan's Place Forums.

As you continue to post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

For sure this is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

I have attached important and informative LINKS that will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Manic Pixie Hollow
Oh, and another thing Manic Pixie Hollow... or MPH for short...
If you can, please plan to write a brief introduction
in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let everyone have this thread back so that the exchange of conversation can continue.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •