Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Hair Removal - Another Attestation of the Intensity of TS?

Started by rhonda13000, April 07, 2007, 04:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhonda13000

I had accomplished a nine hours over two day period of electro and it struck me at how intensely concentrated and determined that I was, in accomplishing this very necessary task.

And today, tomorrow and on Monday, I will be doing the same thing.

It bears the appearance of but it is not [I don't think] a manifestation of OCD, but it had me wondering.

But given the sheer intensity of effort, it occurred to me that such is yet another indicator of the degree of TS that I happen to be dealing with.

I make this observation not in a spirit of depression, but of solemn acknowledgment and wonder.

"Utterly driven", indeed.

•  

Cindi Jones

Driven as in strapped to the front of a freight train!  I've been there and done that!

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: Cindi Jones on April 07, 2007, 08:43:42 PM
Driven as in strapped to the front of a freight train!  I've been there and done that!

Cindi

If your 'freight train' is a synonym for TS induced pressure, yes.
  •  

Hazumu

I've joked with my electro that we don't need therapists to confirm GID.  Anybody that completes 100 hours in 1 year should get an automatic diagnosis and first letter for GRS.  And if you complete genital electro, you get the second letter.  >:D

Karen
  •  

Cindi Jones

.... and you get the surgery for free!  It's a nice thought.

Shoot... I think that I had 50 hours in the first few weeks!  Oh how that was sooooo important for me!

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: Cindi Jones on April 08, 2007, 02:20:13 AM

Shoot... I think that I had 50 hours in the first few weeks!  Oh how that was sooooo important for me!

Cindi

Driven indeed.

You know what it's all about, do you not?

It is 03:28 EDT and I am doing electro right now.
  •  

tinkerbell

Quote from: Karen on April 07, 2007, 11:52:34 PM
I've joked with my electro that we don't need therapists to confirm GID.  Anybody that completes 100 hours in 1 year should get an automatic diagnosis and first letter for GRS.  And if you complete genital electro, you get the second letter.  >:D

Karen

LOL  :D...actually my electrologist used to say "you can tell who is REALLY TS if they return to my office to have their faces electrocuted with needles every week"! >:D  So true!

tink :icon_chick:
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: Karen on April 07, 2007, 11:52:34 PM

Karen

Incidentally, DIY genital electro is possible, but can get to the point where it is ergonomically impossible.

One needs to be careful about the power setting, in that region.

I feel like hell......$%^$*^&*)&&*(%$... :P

17:56 EDT, nine hours now and continuing.
  •  

Cindi Jones

When I decided to do electro for real (I had already had about 6 hours worth), I told my operator that I wanted to get my face clear and keep it clear.  I did not want facial hair to get in the way of passing.  So, we made arrangements to do so. The first week was torture and the marathon session left my face so swollen, I was totally unrecognizable.  Fortunately, I was not out at work, so I told them that I had a skin allergy.  The "skin allergy" lasted about 6 weeks.  But I never had to shave again.  I kept up the sessions every week and had my face comjpletely cleared every session.  It took many hours in the first weeks.  And after a year only a couple hours per week.  I didn't count the hours, but it must have been between 250 and 300 hours over the course of 2.5 years.  It may have been more.  I would like to go back to someone someday and get a few little nasties that I still pluck.  It's kinda funny though.... they tend to help you pass believe it or not!  Many women have a couple of very fine hairs that grow out a bit.  They show a total lack of a beard.

Cindi
Author of Squirrel Cage
  •  

rhonda13000

Quote from: Cindi Jones on April 08, 2007, 11:13:21 PM
When I decided to do electro for real (I had already had about 6 hours worth), I told my operator that I wanted to get my face clear and keep it clear.  I did not want facial hair to get in the way of passing.  So, we made arrangements to do so. The first week was torture and the marathon session left my face so swollen, I was totally unrecognizable.  Fortunately, I was not out at work, so I told them that I had a skin allergy.  The "skin allergy" lasted about 6 weeks.  But I never had to shave again.  I kept up the sessions every week and had my face comjpletely cleared every session.  It took many hours in the first weeks.  And after a year only a couple hours per week.  I didn't count the hours, but it must have been between 250 and 300 hours over the course of 2.5 years.  It may have been more.  I would like to go back to someone someday and get a few little nasties that I still pluck.  It's kinda funny though.... they tend to help you pass believe it or not!  Many women have a couple of very fine hairs that grow out a bit.  They show a total lack of a beard.

Cindi

Indeed.

My face is indeed quite swollen but six weeks?

It's of minimal concern, it's just that that figure surprised me.

I am extremely pleased with the progress made. It really started to mess with my head toward the end, but it was worth it.   ;D

Quote from: Cindi Jones on April 08, 2007, 02:20:13 AM

Cindi

I'll tell you what though, girl; 9 hours of intensive DIY electro really messes with your mind, toward the end of the session.

That I was absolutely driven to accomplish it angers me considerably. It refuses to wait or to be placed into abeyance.  >:( >:(
  •  

Barbara Ann

I just started electrolysis, and had my first session yesterday. When I booked the session, I asked for an hour. The electrologist sorta smiled and said "Well, let's see how it goes, not everybody can do an hour the first time." Ha! The first session went 90 minutes; and I would have gone longer, but she was going on vacation.
On the drive home, I got to thinking...the pain that comes with electrolysis is nothing compared to the pain experienced from denying my true gender for so many years. Now, each little tug of pain brings me closer to my goal; and that is worth it.
-Barb
  •  

seldom

Do any of you doing electro qualify for laser.  Do you have dark hair?  (You don't even need light skin with the YAGs)

If so, why are you even bothering with electro when in the long run its more expensive (significantly more), more painful, takes significantly longer, and makes your skin WORSE. 

I know laser has its skeptics, but it doesn't work for only 1% of the people with darker hair.  I don't know electro at this point just seems to be a little...dumb.  The only reason to do it is if you have light blond hair or grey hair. 

I know people have thier hearts set on electro being the only way...but its not.  If you can laser is much much better, and worth the higher up-front costs.
  •  

Christine Eryn

I had to bring this back up. After each session, my electrologist kids with me and asks if I felt like a pincushion.  :P

The physical discomfort is not even a fraction of a percent compared to the mental and emotional pain of having the hair in the first place.
"There was a sculptor, and he found this stone, a special stone. He dragged it home and he worked on it for months, until he finally finished. When he was ready he showed it to his friends and they said he had created a great statue. And the sculptor said he hadn't created anything, the statue was always there, he just cleared away the small peices." Rambo III
  •