News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

ChaLean Extreme 90 Days Completed

Started by LearnedHand, April 05, 2013, 07:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftingCrow

Hey guys,

I finished ChaLean Extreme which is a 90 day program by Beachbody a friend gifted me. I won't give a big long review or anything here (I have one on my personal blog that's not linked on my Susan's profile, you can PM me if you'd like a link to the review), I'll just say I liked the program and think it is worth it, although I did supplement it with beachbody's TurboFire (with the same instructor, Chalene Johnson) and some yoga.

01/05/13              02/03/13                  03/05/13                 04/05/13      
Weight                       121 lbs                 120                          120                        120
Waist                          27.5 in                 26.8                          26.2                       25.7
Hips                          32 in                    31                             30.7                       30.7
Chest                         34 in                     34                            34                           34
Right arm                  10 in                     10.2                         10.2                        10.2
Left arm                     10 in                    10.2                          10.2                       10.2
Right thigh                 19 in                   18.8                          19.1                       18.7
Left thigh                   19 in                    18.8                          19.1                       18.7
Abductors                  35.75 in                35.25                       35                          35
Body Fat*                  23%                      21                            18                          17

* I don't have the fat calipers, so I used the body fat estimator at BeachBody's website. I have no idea how accurate it is, and wouldn't put much stock into those numbers. Also, none of the measurements are done while flexing, or with me sucking my gut in.

I feel a lot stronger, my arms are really friggin' hard now and get much bigger when I flex. I have all those 30 day photos the program recommended that I take going along, and you can really see a difference, though I think it is hard to notice the true extent of the difference in the photos since i have poor lighting and my shorts hide some of the difference in my hips and you can't see the little lines/indents around my shoulders and biceps that you could see in person.

Here's just two photos though, but in the same position, one taken at day 0 (no glasses) and the second taken at day 90 (glasses):

What's next? Body Beast
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Nate

Have you started a new one? I got Turbo Fire and Insanity. I'm thinking of doing Insanity or some hybrid of Fire and Insanity.  P90x even is probably somewhere in a drawer lol. How bout it?

Nate
  •  

DriftingCrow

I've since done body beast, a bit of T 25 (itsokay, not really my cup of tea, but its a good fast workout), and am currently doing body beast again.

my friend from work wants me to do a chalean extreme-insanity hybrid with her soon.

are you on team beachbody?
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Nate

I'm not on the beachbody website. I'm gonna check it out. Maybe they have hybrid schedules there right?  I don't see myself doing the Turbo fire full time. I don't know about Body Beast, I will educate myself on it. Is the website really useful?

Nate
  •  

DriftingCrow

Yeah, its s usrful site. I dont think they have hybrid schedules up, but my coach has some she sends around.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Nate

Alright so I joined the teambeachbody.com website. Got a coach assigned and all that good stuff. You can look me up I'm NKarp. Haven't really started using it yet though.

I'm currently in a hotel. *Grumbles a little.* There a small fitness center but I cant set myself up for following a program.  So I got into trying to do the Turbo Fire and just get frustrated with it. I am not coordinated enough to follow it. Its too fast and not geared towards building muscles enough for my taste. *Tosses it out the window*

I decided on Body Beast - Lean. I will be starting it when I get into my new house.

Did you get some good gains from Body Beast?

Nate
  •  

DriftingCrow

Yeah Body Beast is great. I did the Lean too. I did loose fat and got a lot of definition.

zi just sent you a buddy invite.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •