News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Looking for a diet and work out regiment

Started by Erin Kay Howell, April 26, 2013, 02:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erin Kay Howell

I am 5'4 and currently 158lbs.

I'd like to be down to around 130lbs but I cant seem to shake this midsection gain or the fat on my face.

I've tried eating nothing and drinking water but it doesnt seem to go away.

I've recently quit smoking and am entertaining the idea of running but I'm afraid I wont be able to maintain for longer then about 5mins.

At work I have to do roving patrols where I'm on my feet for approx. 4hours a night walking at different paces.

Any suggestions?

I dont drink soda, I've tried to cut back on suger saturated coffee (a little harder to do when I work from 7pm - 7am)
I know who I am, and no one is going to tell me otherwise anymore.

•  

Shellz

The bottom line is creating a calorie deficit and burning fat through whole of body weight training. Creating a calorie deficit means taking a detailed look at what you eat and drink and it's calorie content. It will also probably involve a shift in the balance of protein carbs and fats so that you can eat and stay satisfied for longer and have stable blood sugar levels. It means cutting out habitual and emotional eating. with those things sorted it's possible to eat & feel fulfilled and the weight training will burn off the fat. No pills, no gimmics. Just health balanced eating and effective exercise.

Christian Finn & Tom Venuto are two fitness trainers & authors with formal qualifications in health science. Either of their books/web resources will get you headed in the right direction.
  •  

Amanda M

Erin - get an appointment for a physical and ask your Doc to check out your thyroid
If you always do what you always did, you´ll always get what you always got!
  •  

Anna++

I bought a couple of healthy eating recipe books off of Amazon that I've been enjoying recently.  I'm also going to echo what Shellz said about extra eating.  I managed to wean myself off of boredom eating by refusing to buy more snack foods as I finished off what I had.  That caused me to cut back just to make it last longer!

I can also recommend recording your weight at roughly the same time every day.  Weight fluctuates and you don't want to get discouraged if you go up a pound after losing 5.
Sometimes I blog things

Of course I'm sane.  When trees start talking to me, I don't talk back.

•  

Erin Kay Howell

Thank you for the replies. Im sorry for the super late reply lol
I know who I am, and no one is going to tell me otherwise anymore.

•