Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

[England] Meet The Extreme Drag Queens: North East Clubbers Who Are Out To Shock

Started by TW1991, August 30, 2013, 05:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TW1991

Meet The Extreme Drag Queens: North East Clubbers Who Are Out To Shock
Jenny Wotherspoon, Aug 30, 2013

An alternative drag movement inspired by the outrageous costumes of a group of notorious clubbers in 90s New York is establishing itself in the North of England.

The Newcastle Klub Kids are creating shocking and extravagant outfits, similar to those of their predecessors the New York Club Kids, to help lure revellers into North East clubs.

The costumes - usually gender-defying and often blood-covered - are highly divergent from the glamorous, sequin-covered gowns of traditional drag queens.

With names as controversial as their costumes, Mutha Tucka, Crystal Meth and Beauty Killer are among the fore-runners of the trend in Tyne and Wear.
  •  

Jamie D

I wonder if what they do is a form of gender expression, or more like performance art?  One of the troupe (Beauty Killer) even denied identifying as a drag queen.
  •  

Kia

I really like these guy(gals?) super cool. My impression is that it's not so much about gender expression as it is about gender f*cking or just more general society f*cking, just being flashy and standing out.
  •  

Evolving Beauty

omg they are so over the top. i love attracting attention too but i'm rather a trans bordering drag queen but they are even more than drag queen. they are like in halloween costumes.  :o
  •