Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Pain and HRT

Started by Mary81, October 04, 2013, 11:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary81

Hello everyone,
Not sure if this should go here or in the HRT sub-forum.
I am looking for some advice and/or insight.
I started HRT last week - estrimax and androcur. Starting on Monday this week I have been experiencing pain in my calves and joints. The pain is intermittent and has actually moved from my left leg to my right leg and then back. While my GP thought it was too early in my HRT to be experiencing DVT, I did also have surgery done 4 weeks ago so he sent me for a vein ultrasound. The ultrasound came back clear for any blood clots.  The doctor thought it could be sports related, but I have not been doing any sports since the pain started but the pain continues. Has anyone experienced something like this? Could it be my body adjusting to the hormones? I am kind of worried and the medical system here is confusing and my doctors don't really seem like they have much experience treating MtF patients.
Thank you,
Mary
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Are you hydrating with water. Tea's and soda's with caffeine are diuretics and can cause these symptoms.
  •  

Mary81

Hi Jessica,
Thanks for the advice. I had the same thought earlier this week and have been drink lots of water and caffein-free tea, but it hasn't seemed to help.
Two things I forgot to mention in my first post: the pain seems to get worse when my knee is bent and I have been running a low-grade fever in the evenings for the past two days. I am getting quite nervous about it, to be honest. I don't really think it is thrombosis as the pain has moved locations and the ultrasound I had yesterday was fine. However, I am at a loss as to what it could be.
Thank you again,
Mary
  •