Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Christians Warn ‘Bathroom Bill’ Allowing Men in Womens’ Restrooms is Sweeping Na

Started by Shana A, July 14, 2013, 02:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ltl89

Quote from: mac1 on November 10, 2013, 06:57:03 AM
Why is the separation with public restrooms even necessary? If they were all unisex multi-user facilities the problem of usage would be eliminated. All that you need is private stalls.

I understand this sentiment, but I can also understand why women wouldn't want men in their bathrooms.  It's not that men are incapable of keeping it in their pants, but it does create an awkward situation for many women.  I get that.  Honestly, I would be a little creeped out if a guy walked into the ladies room while I was in there.  It's not necessarily right to feel that way, but that's probably the emotional response I would have.  Still, I don't understand why people are so afraid of trans women.  If someone is living as a female full time, what's the big deal if they use the girs room?  Should they have to be forced into the men's room?  I think those people who say things like that lack any sense of empathy or understanding of what we go through.  And let me say, you can't define gender solely on genitals.  Not all of us were born with a or b, it's not so simple for a lot of people out there.   So, what about them?  Therefore, I think bathroom laws are a little silly in general, but I do understand creating a seperate space for genders.  It's just how far people are willing to take it that annoys me.  As though we need a height requirement outside of the bathroom before we can be admitted like an amusement park, lol. 
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Cindy on November 10, 2013, 07:40:37 AM
I recall the bit in Genesis where Adam and Eve had separate bathrooms it's in section.........
Tell me where it says that. I don't recall reading anything about that.
?
  •  

Sarah Louise

Your not going to convince many Christians no matter how much you try.  As I have said before, I have been to places in Europe and Asia where public bathrooms are combined with no issues, but the doors to the stalls close completely with no gap.

I am not comfortable with "guys" being in the women's room.  You notice I put Guys in quotes.  I'm not a guy, there is a difference.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Pia Bianca on July 22, 2013, 06:58:13 AM
Oh I totally wish that this comes true in Germany as well. Law that gives me the right to use the bathroom I choose based on my gender identity? That would make it a lot easier for me since this is one of my biggest concerns while transitioning. I fear that I will be clearly visible as a man in womens clothes for a long time.

Sometimes I'm jealousy of American people.
Restroom use should not even be based on your gender identity. All public restrooms should be multi-user unisex facilities with private stalls. There is not any practical reason to have any further restriction.
?
  •  

Amy The Bookworm

Quote from: mac1 on November 11, 2013, 03:37:56 PM
Tell me where it says that. I don't recall reading anything about that.

It's right ... right ...

;D I think LTL was being sarcastic and trying to point out that it's not actually in the bible.
  •  

Vicky

Over in I Kings where the plans for the great temple are pretty clear, there is not one single mention of there being restrooms in the darn thing!!  What were they thinking??  Thats where we should have found it all!! 
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •  

mac1

Quote from: Vicky on November 11, 2013, 10:27:56 PM
Over in I Kings where the plans for the great temple are pretty clear, there is not one single mention of there being restrooms in the darn thing!!  What were they thinking??  Thats where we should have found it all!!
I don't believe there was such a thing as a restroom. Maybe not even the traditional outhouse.
?
  •  

dalebert

Quote from: mac1 on November 11, 2013, 03:56:19 PM
Restroom use should not even be based on your gender identity. All public restrooms should be multi-user unisex facilities with private stalls. There is not any practical reason to have any further restriction.

Word.