News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Recommendations for a really good wig?

Started by Karla, September 10, 2013, 04:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karla

Folks,

I have scrapped and saved, rather than buy a cheap wig to hide my pattern baldness... and feel that I really ought to get out of the house as Karla.

To that end, can anyone recommend a good TG-friendly supplier for a natural passing wig?  I feel as if i should be looking for a wig intended for a cancer/alopecia patient, not a crossdresser... but on browsing websites like http://www.canceralopeciawigs.com it seems cis-female-only.  Makes me extremely shy about calling, especially since i haven't completely sorted out my voice yet.

Also, any advice on types of wigs and MTF experience here would be most welcome :) 

I'm a natural, freckled redhead, determined to stay that way. 

Please advise.

Thanks,
Karla
  •  

Lana P

Hi Karla.

Some great wig sites for you

www.voguewigs.com

www.wowwigs.com

www.wigs.com

Top brands are Amore with double mono tops, Raquel Welch, Jon Renau. All great brands that I have bought from. Also for great quality human hair check out www.fortunewigs.com

Hope that helps
  •  

Jessica Merriman

I would not get any for under $100.00. I know that is a lot, but hair makes the girl. Get quality, wear ability and Natural hair if possible though those are really expensive. I am with Lana, Wigs.com  :)
  •  

Sheala

I have not looked into wigd but have thought of getting extentions to give my hair the length and still feel the wind running through it ;D
---Content is not being happy with what you want, but being happy with what you have.---

---2014, New Year, New Me---

---screw being the black sheep, be the rainbow sheep its more fun---

•  

Jessica Merriman

That's a great idea! I never thought about that.  :)
  •  

Lana P

Sheala if you do extensions get clip ins they won't damage your hair.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Lana, is that really you? So, how long have you been a model? You look great girl.  :)
  •  

Sheala

---Content is not being happy with what you want, but being happy with what you have.---

•  

Lana P

Thanks Jessica Merriman. not a model but always wished to do it LOL. I'm to tall to model 6'3 LOL without heels
  •  

Sheala

There are more and more tall women everyday. You never know unless you try. Go for it girl.

•  

Danielle Emmalee

Now that's one I've never heard before, too tall to model.  Most cis women are too short to model
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Lana P

For top modeling agencies women can be as tall as 6'0 no taller. Though after I get my srs I might just try out modeling and see what happens.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Lana P on January 01, 2014, 09:57:20 PM
For top modeling agencies women can be as tall as 6'0 no taller. Though after I get my srs I might just try out modeling and see what happens.

Oh, I think it will work out quite well!  :)
  •  

Sheala

i never knew there was a 6 foot limit.....

•  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Sheala on January 01, 2014, 10:04:05 PM
i never knew there was a 6 foot limit.....
There won't be when Lana shows up at the office! :)
  •  

Sheala

•  

Jessica Merriman

Quote from: Sheala on January 01, 2014, 10:20:50 PM
lmao right !?!?!
I think she is a cis female spy! What do you think? CIA, NSA, FBI?
  •  

Sheala

•  

Vicky

I will add AceWigs.com and the brand name Louis Ferre for a look see.  My avatar has the Tiffany wig, and I have had so many compliments on my "hair" that I am almost the same red shade in my face. 
I refuse to have a war of wits with a half armed opponent!!

Wiser now about Post Op reality!!
  •