Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do souls have a gender

Started by anjaq, September 10, 2013, 05:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karina13

Spirits are genderless. This transition I think has a lot to do with consciousness, but really this experience is so deep as to even figure out an explanation, as I'm still learning myself. I think the learning experience has a lot to do with why many of us chose to be this way.

Quote from: Ms Grace on July 18, 2014, 05:54:30 PM
I would be inclined to say the soul doesn't have a gender, but it doesn't explain why one might not feel comfortable in the gender of their physical body, unless of course the perception of gender is neural wiring in the brain separate from from XX/XY/etc chromosomes and reproductive/hormonal systems.

I have a complex, non religious spiritual approach to life, while my mind/ego doesn't always agree with the path in life my soul has chosen for this existence it has certainly proved challenging but rewarding experience.

Yes, Sista Grace! My approach is quite complex, and it seems we have similar views on this. I try to simplify explanations to those who aren't spiritual, and it just winds up confusing people I guess because we're on different levels on consciousness, and because it's hard to explain such deep things in a simple way. But hey, we're all here to learn, and some just aren't ready. I feel my take on my transition seems to change (for the better) constantly with each new thing I learn.
:icon_hug: All you need is LOVE! <3

"When you show up authentic, you create a space for others to do the same. Walk in your truth." :icon_kiss:
  •  

Evienne

Well not to be in any way rude against your beliefs, but I personally believe that what a soul is is just your life in general. As if a metaphor. Like if you said how many souls were killed in the plane crash, it would be the same as how many people where killed in the plane crash. But I still respect your beliefs, just that that's what I believe about souls.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

karina13

Well, if you're ever interested in learning about infinite souls, there's a great book called "The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life". There's lots of good reads out there about this, I just honestly get too lazy to read; something I gotta change in the near future.
:icon_hug: All you need is LOVE! <3

"When you show up authentic, you create a space for others to do the same. Walk in your truth." :icon_kiss:
  •  

Sushifruit

In my experience souls are free of what society creates as a gender.  However, they do prefer one gender over another when moving from body to body.  That's why most peoples past lives coincide with the gender they feel they are.

It's weird, but neat to think about.
  •  

SorchaC

I have what my Psyche called unusual spiritual beliefs :) I don't see it as unusual as it's just me. I believe Spirits are on a journey to learn allot of lessons about themselves and life, These lessons are learnt by taking either and Animal or Human form, You could need to learn a lesson that requires you to live either a male or female life but that your Spirit itself is your true gender. This could in my opinion go some way to explaining why we are trans :)

I have taught Spirituality online in the past and may return to it someday, I have gifts which I use to help people when I can although I don't look for them nor would I ever consider it as a career as what I do was a gift I got at birth and so I don't believe I should charge people when I help people :)

Just my thinking based on what I've seen, felt and heard during my many chats with Spirits. Yes I was made to have a special Psyche evaluation after my beliefs became known to the Psyche but the Indian Psyche who assessed me said he has same beliefs as me so maybe we're both crazy  ;D

Hugs

Sorcha  ;D
Full Time : July 2007,  ;D ;D
HRT : December 2007,
GRC, (Gender Changed on Birth Certificate) December 2009,  :eusa_clap:
SRS Dr Chettawut March 2015, ;D ;D
  •  

Sweet Jessica33

From some personal experiences this link seems to be very helpful to me. It explains that our souls are combined with different male/female ratios. Hope this helps :)

http://www.michaelteachings.com/m-f_ratio.html
  •  

mottec

The soul absolutely have a gender. Im quite certain my soul is female. Ive had a very hard time accepting this due to some abuse, but definately the soul has a gender that is as real as our physical bodies. For me it all became clear when backpacking in SE ASIA. That place is so reflective of anything sexual and romantic, and it changed me. You cannot change the essence of your soul, but what feels good for the soul is acknowledgment from others, freedom of expression, and perhaps most important for me: maturity. I think a lack of any of these spiritual needs can create mental ilness in intersex/trangenders.
  •  

CatherineFay

I feel like gender does not have a gender. However I do also feel like our souls have preferences. I feel like the preferences may come from other lives or possibly the preferences are a part of the soul near the beginning.
  •  

stephaniec

I vote to be the gender of whatever God or the Universe or the Word or the Breath or the Void are made of because we are the reflection of their being.
  •  

Deborah

I believe they do.  My mother had an after death experience once that she told me about.  In addition to meeting a being of pure love who she would or could not name she also met a bunch of her previously deceased relatives who were waiting to greet her.  They were as recognizable, gender and all, there as they were here.

How that will work for us I'm really not sure.  Maybe there it's not the physical form you recognize but rather the spiritual essence. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Blackwaters427

I'm honestly undecided on that. My two explanations are:

1) Souls do have gender, however they are able to switch genders if either the soul or the gods/goddesses deem it necessary.

OR

2) Souls have no gender, since they are not physical constructs and can reincarnate many times over in bodies of any gender.

Either way, I believe this explains adult-onset dysphoria, as is my case.
Begin drifting, defy the laws of gravity
Stare at the sun, challenging all reality
The glass door to my soul is shattering
The bridges to my past are collapsing
I feel new energy, This is my quickening
Transcending to a new dimension

Fire From the Gods - "End Transmission"

•  

Drexy/Drex

As a soul out side the body before  being born  there is no gender   , gender may be a preferance  from previous lives  as previously  mentioned
I have had dreams of being a petite  blonde female .....and as i am now i find petite feisty  blondes very attractive past life perhaps
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

becky.rw

This'll be crazy but fun....   

While I am a professed Catholic, and raised christian; my mind is also quite attracted to the Hindu perception of mind, self and spirit as well as its eclectic collection in its concept of the divine bound within the unity Brahma.   

So...   From a Christian perspective, its a no-but, in that we're made with physical and mental gender, and there's no basis to believe the resurrected/glorified body would be different in that regard; so as embodiment is always in play, thus, so is gender and physical sex.

otoh, my admittedly weaker understanding of the Hindu side leads me on a different path; in that bodies are taken, lived, discarded at death, Karma is balanced in the spiritual realm, and then a new body taken up; but there is *choice* involved.  A spirit/self has some agency here, so a spirit that has been comfortably male before, may choose to continue that pattern.   In this context, I have a completely parallel understanding of how I came to be as I am (gender and otherwise), which is not particularly scientific, shall we say...    So the spirit here does not have gender, but may have a preference for one or the other, which leads to actual consequence.

nb.. for entertainment purposes only: my perception acquired through meditation in Hindu context is that my spirit has been female for some number of cycles, but quite violent with ample opportunity to carry out that violence, but this time around went with a male body; but then got doubly jipped by this brain being coded feminine during development, followed by an upbringing that successfully taught me a fairly strict pacifism, which I strive to perfect to this day..   I think the spirit is resentful for this turn of events, but is learning to accept a new, peaceful way of life.   :-D   
  •  

Ok2BHuman

I would like to believe that like time that gender is just a a human concept created to assign a box for people to be in. I have hope that our souls are far more advanced and untapped by us until we transition forward beyond death. I want to believe that our souls if anything at all would be gender fluid or better still that it wouldn't even be a question that is considered or conceivable. Maybe, we move beyond the constraints of labels. I will find out someday. Right now, I can say that I am in no hurry to find out. =)
  •  

Drexy/Drex

Quote from: Sushifruit on July 31, 2014, 12:16:18 PM
In my experience souls are free of what society creates as a gender.  However, they do prefer one gender over another when moving from body to body.  That's why most peoples past lives coincide with the gender they feel they are.

It's weird, but neat to think about.

Yes agreed i dont have to put my opinion forth now because it as you have said
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Anothergirlsparadise

Quote from: Jess42 on July 20, 2014, 02:02:44 PM
Well think of it like Karma, what you put out you will get back. So if you put out negativeity, you will eventually have to experience that negativity. If you put out positivity, then you will eventually experience postivity. this can be in the next incarnation or incarnations farther down the line. But eventually you will reap what you sow. That is the Christ's take on Karma I am almost sure. Righteousness and Karma are pretty much interchangeable.

This is a matter of faith. There is no proof for this theory to be found on earth. In fact, usually the opposite is true.it makes no sense that anyone should be punished or rewarded for something they cant remember doing. So its a subject I choose not to believe in. I feel its like a form of obsessive compulsive disorder..."bad things dont happen to me when I am a good person". (whatever that is).

•  

Mia.Elora

My two 'nips.

I think that some souls have a gender, and some do not.  I think sometimes it's just a preference, a leaning.  I think it's sort of like a mark on something, left from repeated exposure.  If you go through your live(s) male (ex.), and are male, it leaves an impression on the fabric of yourself.  Enough impressions and you start to see the fabric reflecting that which is leaving said mark.  Sometimes, it's not a major part of who you are, and only leaves a minor impression.  Sometimes, it seeps through your pores, saturating everything, leaving a heavier impression.  Sometimes, it just doesn't matter to you, in the end, and leaves no lasting impression.  Enough exposure leads to transmutation, of sorts, adding a quality to the fabric.  I think this is true for many attributes.

Mew.
  •