Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Ramen Noodles from Scratch

Started by LearnedHand, September 14, 2013, 04:52:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftingCrow

Hello all:

I've made homemade ramen before, but I always ate it the same day. I am planning on having some tomorrow, but I won't have time to make the noodles the same day. I am going to be making the noodles tonight instead.

Here's the recipe I used before: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-make-REAL-Japanese-ramen-from-scratch/#step1

Question is, would it be okay to cut the noodles tonight and let them sit in the fridge, or is it better to just let the dough sit in the ball overnight and cut it up tomorrow? I am kind of afraid the cut noodles will start sticking together and get ruined.  :-\

I haven't found an answer on google.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Devlyn

My kitchen instincts say leave it in the ball. I'm not your guinea pig if it doesn't come out right, though!
  •  

DriftingCrow

Opps, I already started cutting it Devlyn!

I read though that it's okay to leave egg noodles sitting on the counter in an air-tight container for up to a month without cooking them. Since the ramen noodles are very similar to the egg noodle recipes, I decided to just coat them in some flour and put them in a Tupperware.

If it's a disaster, I'll use some maruchaun.  :)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Devlyn

<shaking head slowly>     No, no, no, no, no. That information can't be true.  There's not a food item on the planet that would sit on my counter for a month uneaten!
  •  

DriftingCrow

Here they are, air drying:

Good thing they're being eaten tomorrow, because they wouldn't last a month here either. :)
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •