Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

When did you switch pronouns?

Started by KabitTarah, September 27, 2013, 09:57:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KabitTarah

I'm not going to push this on anyone who isn't ready (i.e. not for a long time yet), but when did you request people in the know to switch your pronouns and/or name?

I'm just curious.
~ Tarah ~

•  

sarahb

Right when I went full-time.

It was a pretty seamless transition for my friends, but my family took a lot longer to get on board. These days most of my family has made the switch, but my dad now, even after 6 years of being full-time, still messes up. It really, really bothers me and is not something I can take too much longer. It really just shows me that he's clinging to the image of me before, and since that's not who I am it just increases the distance I put between him and myself.

There is a time when you've given people enough time to come to terms with it and either make the switch or get left behind, in my opinion.
  •  

mrs izzy

When i went full time and did my common law name change as i was waiting on my legal name change to get approved. I did the common law so i could start changing my name on my goverment IDs. I was no longer the old named person so i expected those how cared to respect that fact.

Izzy
Mrs. Izzy
Trans lifeline US 877-565-8860 CAD 877-330-6366 http://www.translifeline.org/
"Those who matter will never judge, this is my given path to walk in life and you have no right to judge"

I used to be grounded but now I can fly.
  •  

Natkat

when I started to come out I gratuately prefered them to use "he", often people also asked. "dose this mean I should call you he or she now?"
  •  

Lesley_Roberta

Immediately.

The first time I said I was Lesley not Leslie.

I said I was a woman and I meant it.

It likely will take years if not forever for some to get their act together.

But I have expected it from the beginning.
Well being TG is no treat, but becoming separated has sure caused me more trouble that being TG ever will be. So if I post, consider it me trying to distract myself from being lonely, not my needing to discuss being TG. I don't want to be separated a lot more than not wanting to be male looking.
  •