Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Well that's one way...

Started by sarahb, June 19, 2007, 12:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sarahb

It's a funny world we live in. No matter how much care you take to hide things, they seem to always surface one way or another. A perfect example is how I just outed myself to my roommate!!

I live with two of my friends and was doing the laundry today. I threw in my usual male clothes and began the wash. When the washer was done I put them in the dryer. Later on my roommate noticed they were done in the dryer and went to take the out so he can put his clothes in. I noticed he did that so I went in to get my basket of clothes. As I reached down to grab the basket I noticed a pair, wait no TWO pairs, of my panties laying on top of the pile. OH NO!!! They must have gotten mixed into my laundry somehow!

There is no way my roommate didn't notice them since he's the one who took them out and put them in the basket, so I know he knows something, what he thinks is still up in the air. This just happened like 5 minutes ago and I'm freaking out. I don't know if I should let it go and hope he doesn't say anything, or if I should confront him about it and just let the truth be out. I have wanted to tell them for weeks now since I'm getting restless being cooped up in my room when I am at home, but this was so unexpected that I'm caught off gaurd and unprepared with information or my own self-confidence to do this right now.

How should I approach this situation? OMG how could I be so reckless?!?! Please, any advise would really help right now.

Sarah :(
  •  

Mattie

Well, seeing as you can't undo what happened and you have been meaning to tell have them for a while I'd say have some information ready. 
Still, he's probably thinking "Wow, you have panties in the wash.  Thats weird but whatever floats your boat."
I'd say let him come to you about it and have your stuff ready if he does.  If he doesn't then its not such a big deal to him.
  •  

MeghanAndrews

hey sarah, if you want to talk through this, give me a call on my cell tonight, i'll be up until about 1 or 1:30 am. you have my # :) meghan
  •  

sarahb

Well, I told my roommates today and it couldn't have gone better. They were soooo supportive and understanding and now that the weight is off my shoulders I feel so much better. I'm so happy right now!!

Wow, I can't believe they know now, they don't care, and we even went out and had a nice dinner and hung out like nothing changed.

Sarah
  •  

Keira

That's great Sarah, the panties in the laundry thing was so funny (in retrospect).

Maybe that's the best way to come out  :D
  •  

MeghanAndrews

That is so good Sarah! I'm glad it went well, you were so worried about it. Another positive thing, it'll give you more confidence and let you build on it. Congrats!
  •  

Mattie

Thats awesome, Sarah!  Did you happen to ask about your roommate's initial reaction to the panties in the wash?
  •  

sarahb

it actually didn't get brought up. I just gave him a letter that explained everything and then opened it up for questions. I'm still in shock about all of this and how smoothly it went.

It's funny too, because my initial guesses at what their reactions would be was totally off.

Quote from: Keira on June 21, 2007, 01:01:16 AM

That's great Sarah, the panties in the laundry thing was so funny (in retrospect).

Maybe that's the best way to come out  :D

lol, I'll start throwing in a pair of panties into the dryer with a note attached whenever I need to come out to someone from now on  :P
  •