Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Laughable, Yet Still Disgusting

Started by Kristal, November 20, 2013, 02:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristal

So I was looking around for figures on the prevalence of transgenderism and I saw this gem:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_so_many_people_what_to_be_transgender?#slide2

Yes, it says "Why do so many people what to be transgender?". Oh, but it gets worse. The one slide "answer" still baffles my mind. Who wrote this, a twelve year old? An Amish person? A Republican?
I'm not here to decorate your world.
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

wiki.answers is about as reliable as Yahoo answers.
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Ms Grace

My personal answer would be that I don't "want" to be trans*... I have a perception and conviction of myself as not the gender I've been labelled with since birth and a deep desire to be a cis female, despite the fact that obviously ain't ever gonna happen. Apparently that "makes" me transgendered.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Lavender

Yeaahh... ChaCha, Yahoo, and Wiki answers are all pretty awful when it comes to any reliable sort of answer lol. Maybe the person was genuinely confused though, just very ignorant. Who knows? Still it manages to be both funny AND a facepalm, that's an achievement!

Whoops! Had to edit that, doesn't excuse them for the word choice they used.
  •  

MaddieShirey

What‽... Who "wants" to be transgendered? I certainly wouldn't have picked it for myself. Ignorant drivel.
  •  

Nicolette

At one point in the history of humankind, one required a certain amount of mental acumen to know how to connect to the internet. This sort of acted as a crude IQ filter. These days, it's anyone including their pet chimp. I presume everyone is a twelve-year-old, or a pet chimp, until evidence proving the contrary.  :laugh:
  •  

MaddieShirey

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: Kristal on November 20, 2013, 02:19:50 PM
So I was looking around for figures on the prevalence of transgenderism and I saw this gem:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_do_so_many_people_what_to_be_transgender?#slide2

Yes, it says "Why do so many people what to be transgender?". Oh, but it gets worse. The one slide "answer" still baffles my mind. Who wrote this, a twelve year old? An Amish person? A Republican?

Unnecessary
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: big head horsey-face on December 08, 2013, 05:43:05 PM
No, they actually don't. I have a friend that is a county commissioner and he also used to be our rep to the state legislature and he's cool as hell. I'm sure there are a few more that are great people too.

I tend to get that argument from people: "Well, I know such & such, etc, and they are *fill in the blank*."

Call me close-minded if you wish but no one will ever convince me of any politician's worth.
  •  

Joe.

Quote from: Miss_Bungle1991 on December 08, 2013, 06:21:16 PM
I tend to get that argument from people: "Well, I know such & such, etc, and they are *fill in the blank*."

Call me close-minded if you wish but no one will ever convince me of any politician's worth.

Same thing has been said about trans people for years. Think about what you're saying.
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Orange Creamsicle on November 20, 2013, 02:23:09 PM
wiki.answers is about as reliable as Yahoo answers.

You wouldn't believe what a struggle it is to discourage Grade Fours from using this a research resource.

Kid in my class: If it doesn't give you right answers, then why do they call it ANSWERS.COM? (said with the absurd arrogance only a ten year old can manifest)
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Miss_Bungle1991 on December 08, 2013, 05:20:46 PM
Indeed it is. Don't you know that ALL politicians suck??

It was unnecessary because 1) it violates the bashing rule, and 2) contributes nothing to the discrimination forum.

It should be moved over the Rants.
  •  

Miss_Bungle1991

Quote from: Jamie D on December 08, 2013, 07:27:25 PM
It was unnecessary because 1) it violates the bashing rule, and 2) contributes nothing to the discrimination forum.

It should be moved over the Rants.

Well, I'm not saying anything else in this topic anyway. I made my point and I stick by what I said.
  •  

Jamie D

We don't disagree about politicians.  I am just opposed to cheap shot posts in general.
  •