Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

What am I doing?

Started by KabitTarah, October 02, 2013, 01:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KabitTarah

That's right. The most makeup I've used in the past is shimmer (nope... not again) and "stolen" lipstick. I think I used concealer on a zit once or twice... waaay back.

I bought myself a compact. Probably the wrong color, but hopefully it blends well. My 5-o'clock shadow is dark immediately after shaving. Do I just shave and blend over it... probably won't get all of the color away but I'm only trying to impress my therapist here!

Hey... in other news... my therapist said I'm welcome to change there for our sessions! I am leaping at the chance... I realize I could have at any time, but I think it was more of a "hey you're ready for this" than a "you have the option." My face looks male though I see Tarah inside... :) especially after cleaning up -- just cleaning up -- the eyebrows. I smile every time in the mirror now... that helps too! (I look better when I smile... never did a lot of that before).
~ Tarah ~

•  

KabitTarah

ok... the compact is definitely too dark. How do you measure face skin tone?!
~ Tarah ~

•  

DriftingCrow

For skin tone, look at your veins on your wrists, if they're greenish looking then you have a warm tone, if they're blue then you have a cool skin tone. <-- there's other methods, but this is the quickest and easiest way.

When picking out the shades, it's best to grab the sample (if available) and put some on your hand, walk outside into the sun and see how close it matches to your actual skin color.

Remember when buying a concealer and compact, you want the correct skin tone and shade for your skin.

If you're Irish, you're likely "cool"  for skin tone and "porcelain/ivory" for shade.  :D <-- based on my experience and everyone else I know who's of mostly Irish descent
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

KabitTarah

Thanks!!

I'm Irish and Spanish (and a few other countries mixed in). I don't think that rule of thumb works for me ;)

I think I have a warm tone. My peach/beige shirt looks awesome on me and my face is reddish (even before it gets all Lasered up). I also think I have a fairly light complexion. I'm going to have to try again and maybe CVS or Walmart aren't the best places to do it! :D
~ Tarah ~

•  

DriftingCrow

You might want to try going to a place like Macy's or a salon and have them do your make-up and give you a list of what they used.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

DriftingCrow

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

KabitTarah

I am from RI and I looked at a different one of these. I just don't think I'm ready yet!! :D I'm pretty outgoing with this stuff, but I'm never presenting female yet :(

Though a 2-person one... wonder if my sister would go with me when I am ready...
~ Tarah ~

•