Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I Told My Mom I Wanted To Be A Girl

Started by Jamiep, October 06, 2013, 02:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamiep

"I Told My Mom I Wanted To Be A Girl." article in the Toronto Star Newspaper. Besides the personal story & interviews with people, there is some interesting information about statistics in Ontario plus a new program at Sick Children's Hospital.

http://www.thestar.com/life/health_wellness/2013/10/04/i_told_my_mom_that_i_wanted_to_be_a_girl.html

Hope I put this in the correct forum. If not perhaps a moderator can move this to a proper place.

Jamie
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

Gina Taylor

I just read the article, and I couldn't be more behind it than ever.

Thirty years ago, I was a patient of the Sick Kids Hospital, and I really wish they had this program then.

But anyway, it's great that they're helping out Danielle with her problem now. Has anyone read the book "As nature made him:The boy who was raised as a girl"? In 1967, after a twin baby boy suffered a botched circumcision, his family agreed to a radical treatment that would alter his gender. It wasn't handled right, and he wasn't given spiro,nor adequate hormones and he didn't develope properly. At least with Danielle, everything should run like clockwork, and hopefully when she turns 18, she'll have her SRS done and she'll be 100% woman.
Gina Marie Taylor  8)
  •