Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

[M2F] - Anyone from England?? What are the Procedures???

Started by Lazarus, April 27, 2012, 05:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FTMDiaries

Quote from: akira on February 17, 2013, 09:16:49 PM
Thanks for the heads up. My shrink informs me the alternative would be Leeds and they currently have a seven year waiting list  (OMFG!!)

Though if you read here you'll know what's been happening... and what's coming - I'm beginning to think I'm created with damaged parts :(
Ouch! You've certainly been through the wringer already. :(

In my experience, shrinks don't actually have a clue about waiting times at GICs. It might not hurt to call Leeds and get the truth from them. You can also ask to be put on a list for cancellations so if someone drops out you can get in earlier. Or try out a private gender therapist if you can afford it.

The only way to get anything done on the NHS is to nag them: they're quite happy to ignore you if you don't kick up a fuss. Persistence pays off. ;)

•  

Lazarus

Quote from: FTMDiaries on February 18, 2013, 04:28:11 AM
Ouch! You've certainly been through the wringer already. :(

In my experience, shrinks don't actually have a clue about waiting times at GICs. It might not hurt to call Leeds and get the truth from them. You can also ask to be put on a list for cancellations so if someone drops out you can get in earlier. Or try out a private gender therapist if you can afford it.

The only way to get anything done on the NHS is to nag them: they're quite happy to ignore you if you don't kick up a fuss. Persistence pays off. ;)

Sorry, I mistyped. They're not a "shrink" as I first wrote but PST.
  •  

Naturally Blonde

Quote from: El on May 08, 2012, 12:12:18 PM
Ah the NHS, they'll fix your broken arm, cure your disease, prescribe you the medicine that you need all quickly efficiently and free. But if you hae any form of mental health problem you are pretty much screwed!

Absolutely! one whiff of gender dysphoria and they don't want to know. My GP said once 'I have real patients to see', in other words what we have is not a genuine medical condition to GP's. The U.K sucks!

I'm self medicating, 13 years after my original GD dignosis. Incredible isn't it?

So to answer the question 'Anyone from England?? What are the Procedures'? you mostly get screwed they are the NHS procedures! private is much better but have you got the finances?
Living in the real world, not a fantasy
  •