Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Kabit's "For the Microphone" - Voice Practice

Started by KabitTarah, October 13, 2013, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KabitTarah

Hopefully this thread is OK. I want to start working on some voice practices. I need to write a script down, and they'll be very short clips (at least at first... otherwise I'll start my own podcast ;)).

For the Microphone (FtM ;))
Here's FtM #1. It's a two paragraph script and only 37 seconds.

My initial thoughts:

1. My pitch varies too much - not precisely in intonation, but from section to section. Basically I try to revert back to my normal voice.

2. My pitch could probably be higher.

3. It still sounds like me... which probably means it still sounds male (-ish).

Any advice would be great! There will be more FtM micro-episodes to come!
~ Tarah ~

•  

Lauren5

It's not bad, in terms of pitch, maybe just a bit more, however your voice pattern sounds almost like an instruction CD.
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Lexi Belle

It sounds like your resonance is slightly off, need to work on getting it more in the head.  That will naturally make your voice much higher in pitch.  Other than that, it's not too bad really.
Skype- Alexandria.Edelmeyer
  •  

KabitTarah

Thanks guys ♥!
I'll take your comments and try to make the next session higher pitched. I can talk in my upper head voice, I think I'm more averse to it because I sound stupid. I've been talking like in this clip, just around the house and especially to my kids. That helps. I also read books to them in voices...

From the language bit on the "Happy" thread... I am really good at pronunciations and intonations. (Only memorization isn't my strong suit there).
~ Tarah ~

•