Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

‘God Didn’t Make Garbage’: Transgender Mormon Seeks Official Acceptance From LDS

Started by Shana A, November 07, 2013, 09:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shana A

'God Didn't Make Garbage': Transgender Mormon Seeks Official Acceptance From LDS Church
Nov. 7, 2013 8:08am Billy Hallowell

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/07/god-made-me-transgender-mormon-seeks-official-acceptance-from-lds-church-following-gender-transition/

Leahnora Isaak of Portland, Ore., is seeking acceptance and official recognition from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Isaak, who is transgender, is a lifelong Mormon who was born a man, but who is now looking to live her life — and to worship freely — as a woman.

She told KATU-TV that she is planning to submit a formal request to the LDS Church in the next few weeks, with hopes of officially being recognized in church records as a female.

"I want happiness. I want companionship. And I want to live the gospel. That's what I want," she told KATU. "And I want this equal for everybody. I want people to celebrate who I am. Because I'm not ashamed of who I am."

Watch Isaak explain her experience below:
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

MaryXYX

I don't know enough about the Mormons but I do know there are LGBT friendly churches around.  They might take a lot of searching to find them.  Best of luck to Leahnora!
  •