Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Drug abuse.

Started by Alice in Wonderland, June 15, 2015, 01:01:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice in Wonderland

My name is Alice, I am a MtF transperson. For about half a year now I have had problems with drug addiction. Specifically, a cocaine substitute that I have been snorting every other night. To be perfectly honest, Ive been up over 50 hours and have been abusing this substance. I was wondering if anyone else is struggling with addiction and knows some good coping strategies.
  •  

Ms Grace

Hi, we have an addiction board - I'll move your post there. :)
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

kelly_aus

I was an addict earlier in my life. Coke and amphetamines to be precise. In the end, the only coping strategy for me was to walk away and get clean. Drugs are not really an answer, just a way of avoiding the crap you don't want to deal with.

It was a vicious circle.. I'd do whichever of the 2 I could get my hands on and keep going until I ran out.. And then I'd feel like crap and go out and get more. Rinse and repeat.

Getting clean wasn't fun.. Due to my quite serious addiction and the amounts I was consuming, I felt like death for some time.. Lost a bunch of people I thought were 'friends'. And came out the other side with my family and real friends there to support me and to stop me from going back.
  •  

Devlyn

Hi Alice, sorry I missed this when you posted it. There are a lot of us here who struggle with addiction. I am an alcoholic, 29 years without a drink. I quit cold turkey in 1986, it was a different time and treatment options weren't very good. I had a rough ride but I made it. You're definitely not alone. Please do whatever it takes to grab your life back from addiction because it will start to run your life for you.

Always here,

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Swayallday

I ditched the stimulants, they are no good for mental health when it comes to my T/Sexuality issues. They only exacerbate feelings of shame and regret for me afterwards. All day everyday untill the tweekend for work and social situations. (amphetamines, cocaine, etc)
Combined GABAergics and cannabis mostly to numb the recovery (takes awhile with stims to get back to baseline)
tapered those
Drank alcohol for a long while, too easy in social settings
Had a few insightful psychedelic explorations about self-acceptance.
Stopped the cannabis & drinking gradually.

about 10 years of partying here :D

Realized i'd rather experience emotion then push it away.
What you feel, is not wrong.

You could look into Kratom & exercice? For tapers.
  :angel:
Find like-minded people, talk-groups, hobbies, do the things you've always wanted to do
Come to these forums, share the struggle  :-\
  •  

stephaniec

I was a severe drug addict , almost starved to death. I got help because a friend saw me slowly starving to death because the drugs told me I didn't need food. I've been free of drugs for 30 years and very grateful for the people who saw my need and stopped me from
dying .
  •  

LordKAT

Have you tried a NA meeting?
  •