Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Please help Ohioans be able to change gender maker on their birth certificate

Started by G, October 09, 2013, 01:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G

If anyone would be willing to sign the petition to allow Ohioans to change their gender marker on their birth certificate I and I'm sure many others would greatly appreciate it. It only takes a minute and only 21 more signatures are needed. Please help! Here is the link

http://www.change.org/petitions/state-of-ohio-allow-transgender-individuals-to-change-gender-on-birth-certificate

Thank you!
  •  

jojoglowe

i just signed, and i'm forwarding it to some people from work. they're working on a documentary about an individual in columbus oh. it focuses on workplace stuff. they are in a lgbt group so hopefully they will spread it around there too!
20 signatures left :D

This would be a great thing for us ohioans fingers crossed. Do you know what the procedure is after the petition gets the required signatures?

o---o---o---o---o---o---peaceloveunderstanding---o---o---o---o---o---o

•  

Sarah Louise

I hold little hope that Ohio will change.  I was born in Lakewood Oh, so many years ago.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Carrie Liz

I was born in Florida myself, but as a present Ohioan, I'm definitely signing this one to support the rights of my many trans brothers and sisters from this area.
  •  

G

Thanks to those who have signed so far. Only 17 more signatures needed. We can always hope..

@jojoglowe I'm not sure what the procedure would be.
  •  

Sarah Louise

Since only people who live (currently) in the state can sign the petition I'm not sure how much good it is to ask for signatures at Susans.

While I was born in Ohio, I no long live there, so my signature would not be counted even if I did sign it.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

G

Quote from: Sarah Louise on October 16, 2013, 11:04:17 AM
Since only people who live (currently) in the state can sign the petition I'm not sure how much good it is to ask for signatures at Susans.

While I was born in Ohio, I no long live there, so my signature would not be counted even if I did sign it.

??? I was unaware of this. Where does it say that?
  •  

Marcia

I just signed. While it would be nice I don't see it happening. To me I see too many republicans in Ohio to get enough votes to make this happen. While yea we can vote a democrat for president. Mainly cause the of all the people in the north out numbering the middle of the state. For this happen we would need the people in the middle of the state to be able to pass it as I think it would require a change to the states constitution.
-Mark & Marcia
  •  

G

Quote from: Marcia on October 21, 2013, 09:59:20 PM
I just signed. While it would be nice I don't see it happening. To me I see too many republicans in Ohio to get enough votes to make this happen. While yea we can vote a democrat for president. Mainly cause the of all the people in the north out numbering the middle of the state. For this happen we would need the people in the middle of the state to be able to pass it as I think it would require a change to the states constitution.

Thank you for signing
  •  

lonewolfcorey5

Im not sure if its too late to sign but I live in ohio n I just signed it...hopefully wasn't to late n hope it helps
FREEDOM TO BE YOURSELF
  •