Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Thought I would share

Started by Dalex, October 29, 2013, 06:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalex

Rawrs! I was bored so I did another avatar for myself x3 Don't I look handsome? :P

You are going to have to tell me if you would like me to stop posting these up here :)
  •  

~Kaiden

Love it, my friend!  And yes, quite handsome indeed!  ;)

Nar!  You must never stop posting!  Never, never, never!  In fact, I demand more!  More I sayyyy!  ;D  Harr harr harr
Make your own kind of music, sing your own special song.
Make your own kind of music, even if nobody else sings along.
  •  

Kytri

•  

Claire (formerly Magdalena)

Yes, what Kai said, more! Love the new avatar, you handsome devil.  :D

I'd rather see the world from another angle
We are everyday angels
Be careful with me 'cause I'd like to stay that way

•  

Dalex

Haha xD Thanks everyone :)

But, I suppose I will share my two latest drawings.

The boy who flies :P Thought I would draw a brother piece ;)

And a male version of Alice in Wonderland XP
  •  

Robin Mack

Lovely, Dalex!  I'll use both of them for a "poster version" of the poem and send you the result!
  •  

Dalex

So! I thought I would share my newest piece, it sure has been a while :)

•  

Jessica Merriman

Thanks again baby! By the way, girl who flies is on my wall mounted now. :)

Please keep posting your work. You really need your own topic, "Dalex delights" or something like that! :-*
  •  

Dalex

I'm glad you like it Jessica :)

And thank you, I'll keep posting :)
  •  

Dalex

I thought I would share with ya'll what I'm working on now. Here is the sketch so far at least :)
  •  

Dalex

Well! I wanted to see how I might look like with a goatee since I have been asked a few times by my sister what sort of beard I would try to grow once I start T. And I said a goatee x3

•  

Alaia

Some really great artwork you have here Dalex. Gonna keep my eyes on this thread  :o

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray."

― Rumi
  •  

Dalex

Quote from: Alaia on February 19, 2014, 02:05:20 PM
Some really great artwork you have here Dalex. Gonna keep my eyes on this thread  :o

Thank you Alaia :) I'm glad you enjoy my drawings, I really am :)
  •  

Emily.T

Hi dalex your drawings are awesome are you at college doing study if so is it art related

Ps. I hope you don't mind I have used one of your pics as a home screen on my iPad I liked it that much.
  •  

Dalex

Quote from: Emily.T on February 20, 2014, 03:41:34 PM
Hi dalex your drawings are awesome are you at college doing study if so is it art related

Ps. I hope you don't mind I have used one of your pics as a home screen on my iPad I liked it that much.

Hey Emily, to tell the truth, no I'm not in collage nor in school at the moment but I am hoping to start maybe next semester. But the school program that I'd be going to is a bit different and not really much to do with art, but I'm hoping that will help me at least get back into school since I'm a High school drop out, if I use the same grading system as is in the states.

And no, I don't mind at all :) I'm glad and honored you like one of my pieces that much :)
  •  

Emily.T

I know how you feel Dalex I to am a high school drop out but I did it for survival, personally if I was you I would be trying to get a career is either animation or a stand alone artist you would have no trouble selling your drawings if they were available I would buy some they are just that good and why not make money doing something you love.

I used to draw years ago but have lost most of my skills due to years of not drawing or painting because it brings back the pain of my childhood which sux because I loved it so much it was so relaxing for me.

•  

Dalex

Quote from: Emily.T on February 20, 2014, 04:52:04 PM
I know how you feel Dalex I to am a high school drop out but I did it for survival, personally if I was you I would be trying to get a career is either animation or a stand alone artist you would have no trouble selling your drawings if they were available I would buy some they are just that good and why not make money doing something you love.

I used to draw years ago but have lost most of my skills due to years of not drawing or painting because it brings back the pain of my childhood which sux because I loved it so much it was so relaxing for me.

Well, my dream job would be to work as a character conception artist, but I know that is a tough career line to follow. But, there are two other things I think I might want to work with and go to school for. I thought perhaps an art teacher and I have also been wanting to learn to become a proper gender therapist. The last one mostly because it is needed where I live. From what I know, we only have two gender therapist in the country I live in. But now I'm getting off topic here.

I don't think it's ever too late to pick up on drawing again, but if it's something that brings you stress and discomfort then maybe ease into it. Start with something small and/or simple. Painting is good there, and finger painting even better. For one, you get direct contact with both the canvas and the paint and second it's a great stress relieve and oddly fun since there you are more focusing on what feels right, not what looks right :)
  •  

Emily.T

A gender therapist would be good there are to few around and the waiting periods are horrendous I guess it's a field that no one really wants to get into through a lack of understanding.  Not sure.

I may get back into it at a later stage once I get my issues sorted with therapy.
  •  

Dalex

Here is a quick little doodle, inspired by the song Creep by Radiohead. 

•