Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence

Started by melissa90299, June 27, 2007, 11:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melissa90299

I thought these guys were just gay guys who liked to dress up but they hosted my Recovery Program's Gay Pride Celebaration tonight, they really offer wonderful spiritual guidance, they were so sweet to me, I met Sister Jezebel and Sister SaraFemme, she was really sweet and cute too, I told them about my SRS, they were so happy for me, they are so loving, words just can't say.
  •  

melissa90299

I think for us, they just seem "weird." I mean dressing in drag with a beard? I forgot to link their website.

www.thesisters.org
  •  

Buffy

They look like "Raiders" fans to me or if they are going to a Kiss gig...

Buffy
  •  

melissa90299

Quote from: Buffy on June 28, 2007, 08:24:10 AM
They look like "Raiders" fans to me or if they are going to a Kiss gig...

Buffy

Because they look "different" they get people's attention and are able to raise funds for a lot of worthy causes.
  •  

Shana A

I live on the east coast, so have never had the fortune to meet the sisters in person. From what I've heard and read, I think they totally rock!

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

SusanK

Quote from: zythyra on June 28, 2007, 08:52:57 PM
I live on the east coast, so have never had the fortune to meet the sisters in person. From what I've heard and read, I think they totally rock!

zythyra

Some were at the Seattle Pride Parade. And talking with one of the editors of the local gay newspaper, he said they used to try to look more "passable" but decided to just be genderqueer and have fun. And they've raised a lot of money for lgbt and other causes too. I find them more acceptable sometimes than our local pirates in their converted landing craft. Both are outragous (and funny) but the Sisters aren't as noisy (no canons). The Sisters are also good for tourist photos. You'll be surprised how many want to be photographed with them.

--Susan--
  •