Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Vocal Characterisics - Rethinking the Matter.

Started by rhonda13000, June 30, 2007, 02:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhonda13000

I had thought about the subject yesterday, whilst at work and I am thinking now........that a radical alteration of these will not be essential for successfully passing.

I guess that I am primarily considering the pitch and frequency range aspect of this, in essence.

I have clearly confused some in phone conversations and I did not 'force' the feminine vocal in these instances. The adaptation and shift toward the feminine vocal may not require a great deal of effort to implement, as had been previously thought.

But clearly, some effort will needs be necessary, as I have been 'speaking male dialect' for 40+ years.

But it is truly a labor of love and joy - and triumph.
  •  

louise000

Quote from: Rhonda on June 30, 2007, 02:52:21 PM
I had thought about the subject yesterday, whilst at work and I am thinking now........that a radical alteration of these will not be essential for successfully passing.

I guess that I am primarily considering the pitch and frequency range aspect of this, in essence.

I have clearly confused some in phone conversations and I did not 'force' the feminine vocal in these instances. The adaptation and shift toward the feminine vocal may not require a great deal of effort to implement, as had been previously thought.

But clearly, some effort will needs be necessary, as I have been 'speaking male dialect' for 40+ years.

But it is truly a labor of love and joy - and triumph.

I can second that feeling, Rhonda, I too just love doing this work on my voice, knowing that even if I had a face like Frankenstein's monster (which I haven't) and a body like an orangutan (which I don't), if I can just get my voice right I will be accepted as a female. (Let's face it dear, all of us that are going from male to female are girls inside and want to be accepted as such, why else would we be doing all of this?).
Keep practising, good luck and best wishes, Louise.
  •