Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

“ With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone ! ”

Started by Anatta, March 17, 2014, 02:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anatta

Kia Ora,

At times we all (regardless of age) have been known to express words of wisdom...

So...What does it mean to be wise ? What is wisdom ? Is it just experience ? Or something more ?

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/wiser-with-age.htm

"Researchers believe that the older subjects' ability to control their emotional response and remain more positive in the face of an emotional challenge is a trait that comes with age. Interestingly, moral reasoning, which involves the same sort of balancing of emotions, has been linked with wisdom; those who exhibit higher levels of moral reasoning exhibit higher levels of wisdom-related performances [source: Staudinger]".

Perhaps this thread is not a "wise" move on my part...I guess I/we will just have to wait and see  ;) ;D

Metta Anatta :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

immortal gypsy

Adolescents where able to tell a story that involved wisdom but where not able to link it to the bigger picture.

Like all things wisdom can be taught by those want to learn and those that have it are our elders. I'm not my parents child I'm my pop's grandchild he is the one who taught me how to act treat others right from wrong. I've also inherited his moral code and lack of ability to lie (something my father hated). He had an interesting way of disciplining his us when he would lecture us we had to actually face why we did something and what the consequences where for each action. As a teenager I found I was looking at the world as a whole not just my narrow view of it
Do not fear those who have nothing left to lose, fear those who are prepared to lose it all

Si vis bellum, parra pacem
  •  

peky

No such a thing!

With age the:

Ugly get uglier,
Bad gets worst,
Stupid gets dumber,

Now, for the real intelligent response:

How much yopu change as you get older depends on you emotional intelligence IQ... If your IQ is high, you will learn from your mistakes, and make your life better.... get my drift....

•  

cisdad

You don't have much choice about getting older, but you can remain immature forever!

Learning from your mistakes, and learning to laugh at them, is one of the few benefits of aging. 

I won't overload you with details, but I had my wife in stitches earlier today from a comment I made that only a couple who had some years behind them could appreciate.
  •