Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

karyotype normal how they worded it

Started by Nicole1986, December 02, 2013, 12:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicole1986

Is this normal thanks

Metaphases Counted : 21
Metaphases Analyzed: 6
Metaphases Karyotyped: 3

Cytogenetic Diagnosis - 46,XX

Cytogenetic Counts
<45 45 46 47 >47
       2 19

Leukocytes from peripheral blood sample were stimulated with phytohemagglutinin and cultured for 72 to 96 hours. Following arrest of cell division with colcemid, chromosomes were strained by the above banding technique. The chromosomes number in 21 of these metaphase preparations was determined by microscopic analysis. Additionally, the chromosomes of 6 metaphase spreads were analyzed under the microscope for the presence or absence of detectable structural alterations. Karyotypes were prepared from photographs of 3 of these metaphase spreads.

These cells had a model number of 46 chromosomes, including two X chromosomes. No consistent structural or numerical abnormalities were detected by either the direct microscopic or karyotypic analysis. (These findings are interpreted as being compatible with the karyotype of a 46,XX individual)

I'm 27yrs old, I was also premature SGA infant I had and still have Imbalance hormones and messed up electrolytes, I have extra tissue down below I'm complete female though I had a diaphragm hernia when I was just born I also had a Slightly hypoplastic labia majora and I have a backwards aorta arch and digeorge syndrome. I also had a delay in my period. I also have a lot of Estrogen.
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Yes, his is normal for a genetic female. 46XX is the typical norm. Had you had any other numbers or Karyotype combinations it would have been abnormal. Male patients with say Klienfelters Syndrome show results of 47 and XXY or a couple of other Combinations. What this would mean is they carry a second chromosome (#47) and usually indicates every cell in the body is 50% male and 50% female.
  •