Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Being a Non-Transitioned Transgender Person [video]

Started by LearnedHand, June 04, 2014, 12:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DriftingCrow

I saw this video on Transgender Law Center's facebook page:

I have no idea who Chris Crocker is, but many of the comments were very disrespectful (calling Chris an "attention whore"), and quite a lot of people were saying she's not even trans. Sometimes it seems like within a transsexual community that there's misunderstandings on what the trans* umbrella has underneath it, and can be just as ignorant as some cis-people.

Anyways, I pretty much get what she's saying and figured I'd share here.
ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

King Malachite

Chris got a lot of attention a few years ago by putting on a wig, going on Youtube, and defending Brittney Spears in an overly dramatic matter while she got a lot of publicity.  It even landed him an interview on Maury.  Because of that, I can understand why people wouldn't take Chris seriously and call Chris an attention whore and not really trans.  Tbh I think it's more because of Chris's past history on Youtube that people are being more skeptical.  Regardless, Chris does sound genuine and makes a lot of good points.  I do believe that there should be a stronger non-transitioning community because we do tend to get swept under the rug a lot.

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

DriftingCrow

ਮਨਿ ਜੀਤੈ ਜਗੁ ਜੀਤੁ
  •  

Pookie

Thats not a wig in the video, that was his actual hair... lol
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Pookie on June 06, 2014, 02:10:01 AM
Thats not a wig in the video, that was his actual hair... lol

I stand corrected then.

Welcome to Susans btw!
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •