Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

How tall are you?

Started by Thundra, July 03, 2007, 05:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the ladies, how tall are you without any footwear

under 5 feet
2 (0.5%)
5 ft to under 5'2"
8 (1.8%)
5'2" to under 5'4"
29 (6.6%)
5'4" to under 5'6"
43 (9.8%)
5'6" to under 5'8"
78 (17.7%)
5'8" to under 5'10"
90 (20.4%)
5'10" to under 6 feet
79 (17.9%)
6 feet to under 6'2"
69 (15.6%)
6'2" to under 6'4"
29 (6.6%)
6'4" to under 6'6"
10 (2.3%)
over 6'6"
4 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 318

Yvonne

I'm 5'9" in the US, 1.82cm elsewhere! but I'm not your average XX girl or your XY genetic male form  ::)
  •  

Susan

I am 5'4" and loving every minute of it. One of several feminine features I was blessed with.
Susan Larson
Founder
Susan's Place Transgender Resources

Help support this website and our community by Donating or Subscribing!
  •  

Hypatia

Woo hoo, lotta Amazons here! Love 'em!

Tall Girl Shop
Here's what I find about compromise--
don't do it if it hurts inside,
'cause either way you're screwed,
eventually you'll find
you may as well feel good;
you may as well have some pride

--Indigo Girls
  •  

Jay

Im 5'8" and that quite short for a dude.... *wishes to grow!*

•  

Kate

Quote from: Keira on July 05, 2007, 09:03:40 PM
At 6 foot, there's probably only 1 women in a 5000 who is as tall or taller than me. In one year, I've never seen ANY!!!

I bump into 6' women occasionally around here, such as every other trip for groceries, etc. It's uncommon for sure, but not that unusual. The woman working across the hall from me is around 6'0"+, her daughters being even taller. Of course her husband is around 6'6", so... ;)

I'm really early-on in this fulltime thing, but so far I haven't noticed any pointing and staring because of my height. A few curious looks perhaps, but that's about it.

~Kate~
  •  

Hypatia

I see a lot of 6-foot women these days, just like Kate says. I'm convinced there are many more today than when I was a kid. I love seeing them out and about; each one makes me that much less of a statistical anomaly. When I went to a feminist religion conference last year, I was delighted to meet the Goddess thealogy scholar Carol Christ. Goddess is right--she stands 6'2" in her stockinged feet. And she wore heels.

When I first started presenting female, at 5'11" I did not dare to wear heels, shy because of my height. But after several months, I could not resist a very chic pair of black suede boots which got me lots of compliments. Since then, I've been wearing high heels, hold my head up, and stand statuesque and proud.

When I reached my full height in youth, I was five eleven and a half. But at my last visit to the doctor, I got a surprise. I'm down to 5'10" now. I've dropped a shoe size too. I'd heard HRT can shrink a trans lady, but never believed it until it happened to me. :)
eventually you'll find

--Indigo Girls
  •  

BeverlyAnn

I'm 5'7" if I stand really straight and stretch my neck a little.  ROFL  You know, it used to bother me when I was young that I wasn't taller but then when I saw my TALL friends aboard ship with stitches in their heads from running into metal things that didn't move......and when I found out I didn't have to shop in the Talls area unless I wanted a top with a little extra length....

Beverly
  •  

Melissa

I'm about 5'8 3/4 now.  I hardly think about height, although I did think about it a lot upon going fulltime at first.  I still rarely wear heels, but now that hormones has done more work, I wouldn't be so self conscious.  I really shouldn't be since my ex, who is 5'10", will wear heels without a second thought.  Also, I frequently see women the same height as me or taller.  One advantage with height is that it make you appear thinner for your weight, which lends itself to a more feminine appearance.
  •  

ssindysmith

5'8" but I usually have on a pair of at least two inch heels, wedge sandals whatever is appropriate for the season so still under 5'10" but my 4" do me pumps are a different story :D
  •  

mavieenrose

172cm which I think is 5'7.5".

MVER XXX
  •  

Keira

16 are over 5 foot 10,
14 are under 5 foot 8.

10 are 5 foot 8 to 5 foot 10

The male average in north america is I think is a bit under 5 foot 10 (female average 5 foot 5).

So, I think that gives an average close to the north american male average even though our sampling is less than perfect.
  •  

Wendy

Thundra,

I did a "weighted average" of 41 responses and the answer was 5'10" with +/- one inch for interval classifications.  That probably means that height does not determine if you are transgendered.

By the way Megan you are pretty and have a great smile.
  •  

MaraOnline

I absolutely loathe my height. I'm 6'5".. I'm really in the upper tier as far as heights go  and I wish there was something I could do about it. I'm jealous of all you shorter girls.
  •  

Thundra

QuoteI am 5'4" and loving every minute of it. One of several feminine features I was blessed with.

Wow!  I am honored that you visited the post. I'm usually cringing when I see your pic on the screen. (bad dog syndrome)  Welcome!

QuoteI did a "weighted average" of 41 responses and the answer was 5'10" with +/- one inch for interval classifications.  That probably means that height does not determine if you are transgendered.

I was reaching the same conclusion. While it "seems" that the group is a tad above average, the sampling group is anything but scientific. I think that proves that women that transitioned are just like any other group - very diverse.

•  

Dorothy

5ft 8inches  Not too tall thank goodness.
  •  

Jeannette

•  

Kaitlyn

Not quite 5'6". About a half inch short.
  •  

Hypatia

OK... how about "goddesses"?
eventually you'll find

--Indigo Girls
  •  

NatalieC

Id just like to say all you short girls think your so feminine being shorter than me dont you? When in fact you dont know what your missing out on. The view from up here. The clean air! The feeling of looking down on the human race! Oh God I feel great walking around with everyone thinking "Whats the weather like up there?"
Just because your tall doesnt mean you dont look feminine and sexy. I certainly do. So there!
Oh yeah Im still 6'4" and shrinking (unfortunately). Thanks to HRT.
Now and into the future people will and now find it hard to believe that such a body is for real. With my cherry lips and golden curls.
So tall girls stand proud for we are truly blessed with longer sexier legs and features that make the guys go crazy for something out of the ordinary!
  •  

Hypatia

Well, I like being right in the middle of our distribution, feeling so sorry for those at either end.  :P

Seriously, ladies, this is getting silly. Everyone is beautiful in her own way.
eventually you'll find

--Indigo Girls
  •