Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Name Change - Did You Change Your Surname?

Started by MeganRose, May 22, 2007, 07:14:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berliegh

I changed the whole lot but it wasn't anything to do with falling out with my family.

I was adopted as a baby so my surname was an adopted name. I used my birth fathers surname and also thought if I used the previous surname people would relate me to my previous identity.

•  

Luc

Nope, not changing it, and since my wife already legally took my last name, I don't have much choice in the matter, anyway. My last name goes back generations, back to BC, and yet is still one of the least common surnames in most countries. I like it. As a writer, I need to have a distinctive name, so I think it's for the best. And despite the fact that I don't like my dad much, the surname has been mine for almost 25 years now... and my dad doesn't have the power to keep me from using what is rightfully mine.

Sebastien Dean
"If you want to criticize my methods, fine. But you can keep your snide remarks to yourself, and while you're at it, stop criticizing my methods!"

Check out my blog at http://hormonaldivide.blogspot.com
  •  

Berliegh

Quote from: Pia on May 25, 2007, 04:20:18 AM
Only my first name.  Its a hassle to change last names on this part of the world.  Too expensive and too much of a headache.

Brilliant hair Pia, how long did it take to grow it that long?
  •  

Keira

I debated quite a long while about changing the surname, it actually pushed back my starting my name change process for months. But, finally, kept my surname, my father's not going to get a genetic child out of me, so at least he should get that.

Some people said it helps to be more stealth to change it. But, nowaday, its almost impossible to really be stealth. My name change when it happens will be published in searchable public records. A person just needs to know where I come from, not hard with the slight french accent even when I speak in english and go for it. Anyway, I said to myself that I didn't care to hide from the dumbasses who'd spend that much of their time to find my past, its too much to sacrifice for so very little payback. So, I decided to keep the surname, a french canadian one (first ancestor under a variation of that name came to Canada in 1690 (the name has 10 spelling all originating from this original ancestor's name)).

Even if I marry (It seems such a remote possibility for now!!), I will keep my surname. I'm kind of a feminist on that issue.
  •  

Berliegh

Quote from: debisl on June 06, 2007, 01:26:01 PM
I only changed my first and middle. I have been Deborah for 14 years now.

Deborah, Were you quite young at the start of your transition? Possibly at the inception of puberty? I ask this as you look very genetic female in your aviator. You are knock out gorgeous.....
  •  

Shana A

I prefer using zythyra as an only name, like Madonna or Prince  :D I don't like it with my birth last name, did try it for a while with my mom's maiden name and that worked a little better.

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

gina_taylor

Since I had decided to transition, I felt that a nice feminine name would be in order, so I decided then that since I was changing genders, I amy as well go for the whole nine yards. My first middle and surname has been changed, but only through the common law way at this time.  I plan to make the legal change early next year.

Gina  :icon_dance:
  •