Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

do you like wearing a bra

Started by evecrook, December 04, 2013, 02:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnneK

QuoteBut that seems to be the plight of many cis women, ill fitting bras, and now I am about to join their ranks!

If you can afford it, you might consider custom made bras.  Failing that, go to a bra shop and let them help you find something.  They'll be experienced in helping all sorts of people.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2013/04/17/the-lady-that-made-hamilton-the-bra-making-capital-of-the-world/
I'm a 65 year old male who has been thinking about SRS for many years.  I also was a  full cross dresser for a few years.  I wear a bra, pantyhose and nail polish daily because it just feels right.

Started HRT April 17, 2019.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: AnneK on December 23, 2018, 10:06:32 AM
If you can afford it, you might consider custom made bras.  Failing that, go to a bra shop and let them help you find something.  They'll be experienced in helping all sorts of people.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2013/04/17/the-lady-that-made-hamilton-the-bra-making-capital-of-the-world/
Thanks. I try to get along with lower cost bras at the moment, because I just only started with estrogen, and expect my breasts to grow more.  Once i have an idea what my final cup size could be, I will definitely go the professional fitting route.
I just checked again (I have a "test" bra from Victoria' Secret), and I am between a 34 B and C.  I could go by with a 38 with a band expander, bu any B cups in that bandwidth are way to large for me, and I have not found any with an A cup in that band width.  If, for some reasons, will end up with a similar breast size as my mother or sister, I probably would end up with a D cup.

My current breasts are grown by themselves, caused by me being intersex.  I now started HRT and should expect some more breast grows starting soon (I hope).
02/22/2019 bi-lateral orchiectomy

•  

Ann W

Quote from: Sarah Louise on December 04, 2013, 02:33:28 PM
Like, isn't the word I would use, its just part of being a woman.  I wear a bra any time I am out of the house, but don't always wear it around the house.

This is me. I have to wear one, or I draw attention. I do like what a flattering bra does for my figure, but I no longer feel any special affirmation from simply wearing one. And it usually comes off once I'm home.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: Ann W on December 29, 2018, 11:08:02 PM
This is me. I have to wear one, or I draw attention. I do like what a flattering bra does for my figure, but I no longer feel any special affirmation from simply wearing one. And it usually comes off once I'm home.
I am like you, a bra does nothing to me considering the feminine feeling.  I have to wear one if I wear lighter weight clothing.  I still can hide my breasts under a sweat shirt or a very heavy woven shirt, specifically if such a shirt has breast pockets. 
I assume that my breasts will continue to grow, and pretty soon a shirt will not be able to hide them anymore.

•  

Ericalaine

I absolutely love wearing a bra! Bra extenders are awesome too.
  •  

GingerVicki

I am gonna find out soon enough. I've had unexpected growth. I'm gonna have to buy a 38A.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 25, 2019, 05:51:38 AM
I am gonna find out soon enough. I've had unexpected growth. I'm gonna have to buy a 38A.
Good luck in finding a comfortable one with that small cp size with the large bandwidth.  I have a 40 A, and finding gold is way easier than finding a nice and comfy bra for that size.  It seems that women with those bandwidths are mostly a little heftier, and along with that come bigger boobs, and the sizes that are available!

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Dietlind on January 25, 2019, 07:42:53 AM
Good luck in finding a comfortable one with that small cp size with the large bandwidth.  I have a 40 A, and finding gold is way easier than finding a nice and comfy bra for that size.  It seems that women with those bandwidths are mostly a little heftier, and along with that come bigger boobs, and the sizes that are available!

Yea I found out. I did see some extender pieces for the clips.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 25, 2019, 09:46:13 AM
Yea I found out. I did see some extender pieces for the clips.
Tried this already,  The problem with us former guys is that our chests are wide, an the boobs are further apart form each other than it is the case with cis women.  If you take an extender, the bandwidth can be oK, but the cups are still to close to each other and don't fit your boobs well.  What works better, is to find a fitting bra with a front closure, and put the extenders there.  That increases the bandwidth, but also brings the cups more in line with the way the boobs grow on our wider chests.

•  

GingerVicki

That is great advice. And you give great advice all of the time.
  •  

Linde

Quote from: GingerVicki on January 25, 2019, 11:32:38 AM
That is great advice. And you give great advice all of the time.
Age brings experience with it, and if we old people package it right, we appear to be wise (in reality we just made enough mistakes along the line, but one does not talk about that)

•  

GingerVicki

Quote from: Dietlind on January 25, 2019, 11:44:17 AM
Age brings experience with it, and if we old people package it right, we appear to be wise (in reality we just made enough mistakes along the line, but one does not talk about that)

We need all that youthful energy to fix what we messed up the first time right.
  •  

Chloe

A VS girl here! 36A padded to (learned my sizing lessons!) 38B unlined! Use daughter's charge account 'ell been paying her bill long enough!
       Been getting ma'am'd more and more these days . . . and her *braiding* my hair seems to have made a difference too. Perhaps one day we'll try some makeup? Keep Up With The Jokes *a threat* you'll be explaining to yer friends why "daddy" is wearing skirts!

Better Idea! Leave 'em the house and move to Nevada?
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

ChrissyRyan

It can be nice to wear a bra, as it is affirming, but it is also simply something we would wear as women, as it has utility.   There are fashion elements too, as with other clothes we wear.

Chrissy

Always stay cheerful, be polite, kind, and understanding. Accepting yourself as the woman you are is very liberating.
Never underestimate the appreciation and respect of authenticity.  Be brave, be strong.  Try a little kindness.  I am a brown eyed brunette. 
  •  

Anne Blake

I don't NEED to wear one, my girls are perky enough to show themselves off without additional support or paddiing. I wear them for a couple of different reasons. First off, all my bras were chosen because I like them, they fit well and they feel good....they are also feminine and I like that. Second, I will often wear a bra for modesty in public, especially if I am wearing a thin form fitting top that my nipples show too strongly through. Other times I will wear the same top with no bra because I love the way they look and bounce....bad girl!

Tia Anne
  •  

Wendi

I love wearing one. I can't fill one myself but I hope to soon.

I use silicone breasts for the time being and it feels great.
Started HRT 1/3/2019

•  

Kirsteneklund7

Quote from: ChrissyRyan on January 29, 2019, 08:02:54 PM
It can be nice to wear a bra, as it is affirming, but it is also simply something we would wear as women, as it has utility.   There are fashion elements too, as with other clothes we wear.

Chrissy

I agree Chrissy. Even a simple T-shirt looks better with a bra. A dress drapes better as a bra keeps them up and in front. Unless of course one is lucky enough to be be able to present blatantly through a t-shirt or sheer top. Also running hurts without a bra!
You must excuse me Chrissy is that your hair in the Avatar? If so I'm getting a bit jealous right now.

Kind regards, Kirsten.

As a child prayed to be a girl- now the prayer is being answered - 40 years later !
  •  

Linde

For some special reason I had to present male the last two days.  I was able to hide my girl with a binder, which is pretty ok.  What is not Ok is the fact that people hug each other and feel they have to press their chest into mine, and doing so hitting my very sensitive, absolutely unprotected nipples.  That did hurt a lot several times during those two days!

I came to realize that a bra not only protects these girls, but also seems to set limits how hard one would want to hug a person!

•  

Danielle Kristina

I like wearing a bra because it helps relieve my dysphoria, but I can see how cis-women would prefer not to need wearing one.  Perhaps once I start HRT and grow my boobs, then I may find myself with the same attitude toward bras as cis-women.  Until then, wearing a bra helps me connect to the woman I was born to be while I'm still stuck in a male body.

Danielle
April 19, 2018: First post here on Susan's Place
April 27, 2018: First session with my gender therapist
July 30, 2018: Received my HRT letter
September 3,2018: Came our for the first time

Becoming me more every day!!!
  •  

GordonG

I do like to wear a bra once in a while. Although I don't need one at all. My question is does anyone know where I can get a bra that is 46 inch band size but is a AAAAA cup? I've tried 46 B and 44 A and they are more cup than I need. I'd like to get a custom one made but those prices are way too much for me. I've looked at a huge number of websites already.
I'm a gender confused guy who lives an hour north of Seattle.
I believe that I was influenced by DES. I have crossdressed in public a handful of times, see avatar picture (enhanced with FaceApp).
I don't plan on transitioning, no GRS, FFS, nor BA.
I consider myself TransFeminine. But reserve the right to change my mind at any time.  ;D

Spironolactone; 7-16-2018
E sublinguals; 10-5-2018
Orchi; 2-15-19
No more Spiro. 

•