Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Endocrinologist

Started by Tidal_Wave, December 12, 2013, 04:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tidal_Wave

What can i expect from my first endocrinologist appointment?
  •  

Ms Grace

Guess it depends on the endo... and sorry, since I don't know if you're m2f or f2m I can only answer from a m2f perspective...

Mine asked some general health and family health history questions (heart, liver, diabetes?). In my case I had to talk a bit about my previous transition too, how long I was HRT, effects, etc. He took my height, weight, blood pressure, listened to my heart. Checked around the breast area and checked testicle size... (and no, I didn't have to get nekkid it wasn't demeaning or anything, just drop my pants a bit). Then he wrote a blood test request and that was it. Had to wait until I saw him again after the blood test before he prescribed E.

My endo is great, he sees a lot of trans women in my city - is very professional, very supportive and very friendly. The other one I saw during my first transition was similarly supportive and friendly and also saw a lot of trans* clients... my first appointment with him was similar to my more recent first consult. Hope that helps!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

FalseHybridPrincess

Thats exactly how my first appointment was...

on the second she prescribed AA and on the third one month later E...

Mine is also very friendly and sees a lot of trangender people...

But yeah its unlikely you get any pills from your first visit cause the endo has to check your health first...i dunno...
http://falsehybridprincess.tumblr.com/
Follow me and I ll do your dishes.

Also lets be friends on fb :D
  •  

MaryXYX

The first time I saw an endo was last week - over two years after going full time.  The doctor I saw said only the professor treats trans-women and he had taken the day off - although I had an appointment with him.  However she did ask lots of questions and did a physical exam; breasts and "boy bits".  She really wanted to compare the latter with the baseline exam but I hadn't had one.
  •  

Tidal_Wave

Thanks for the info ladies. Im a little bit nervous, haven't even told my parents that i have the appointment yet :s
I just want to get the show on the road, im sick of waiting, so glad that this is actually starting to go somewhere :D
  •  

Ms Grace

So when is it? You'll tell us how it went, yes?
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Tidal_Wave

Its on thursday, ill definitely tell you all about it :)
  •  

Cindy

•