Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Staying (effectively) Mute Online?

Started by 326, January 08, 2015, 09:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey all, hopefully this is roughly where this should go, but uhhh I have a bit of an impending problem: For the past however many years I've been online, I've been able to keep my terribly not-at-all-transitioned voice a secret by just saying I don't have a microphone, and that's been working great until now, when a good online friend of mine wants me to get a microphone to facilitate communication and music-making and stuff, to the point where they're even offering to put money towards helping me get one.

But I'm really scared, because my voice is nowhere near presentable, so does anybody have any experience or ideas with trying to stall the verbal online communicating?

Thanks!
  •  

LordKAT

tell them you choose not to due to a stutter or something?
  •  

Ms Grace

I really know what that feels like. A few years ago I had signed up to a lifestyle forum under a female persona. That went really well because I was quickly invited to join the women's-only section. It was weird thaey had a women's only section since they didn't really talk about anything all that different to the open section. Anyway one of the female mods took a real shine to me and soon started pestering me to Skype her. I really didn't want to chat with her so just made excuses for not being able to despiye her offer of solutions. In the end I just quit the forum. :-\
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Heh, that does sound familiar, about that section, @Ms. Grace. I'm sorry to hear how it ended, but I guess that...well, you know, you seem to be doing well without :)

@LordKAT, yeah, that's more or less what I've been doing so far ^-^; I'll try and see how long I can keep it up, I suppose, thanks!
  •