Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Top Surgery Recovery Updates (a place for all members to update after surgery)

Started by Bimmer Guy, December 28, 2013, 10:42:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rengar

6 Days post op with Dr. Steinwald in Golden, CO! Only took one of my narcotics then switched to CBD and cannabis edibles/vapor. Been coastin' for a while. Little swelling or bruising. I've just been takin' it easy. My left nipple is strugglin' a little though! You can do it little guy!
I've found you, Beast!

This is where I document my beard progress!: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,206436.0.html
  •  

Jared

I finally took some pics, this is how my chest looks after a month post-op. I'm not satisfied with the shape of it, but tomorrow I'll get an appointment for revision. Also, I like that I have very little scars.
What do you think? Most of you guys are a lot more flat than I am, and I feel like I still almost have half of what I used to have. However, my friends and family are telling me not to undergo correction sugery, because it looks fine. It's not a question, I want it, still it would be nice to get some feedback.
If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission.

•  

mm

Jared, you look great especially for 1 month post, wait for sure before thinking about revisions.  You have nice chest good natural make contour.
  •  

Elis

Quote from: Jared on October 09, 2017, 10:19:26 AM

I finally took some pics, this is how my chest looks after a month post-op. I'm not satisfied with the shape of it, but tomorrow I'll get an appointment for revision. Also, I like that I have very little scars.
What do you think? Most of you guys are a lot more flat than I am, and I feel like I still almost have half of what I used to have. However, my friends and family are telling me not to undergo correction sugery, because it looks fine. It's not a question, I want it, still it would be nice to get some feedback.

Yeah the shape does look a bit odd and unsymmetrical. The nipple on the right side also looks slightly too feminine.  Hope I'm not being too harsh :/. But it's impressive how flat you are already and how quickly the nipples have popped out.

I'm still not happy with how flat I am (you can see my pics on the previous page) but hoping that'll change as it heals.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Jared

Thanks for reply guys. I didn't say anything about revisions and my surgeon suggested it to me first, so I guess I really need it if he said so.
Elis, you're not harsh, thanks for the honesty! Your chest looks really good, and not weird to your body shape I think. Also I guess we have too high expectations and it makes hard to see what's"normal". My mom even said I'm anorexic in the chest area lol.
The surgeon did an awesome job with the scars, they are thin and very few and I feel I heal pretty quick. That's why I don't mind at all that I'll need some correction.

•  

Elis

Quote from: Jared on October 10, 2017, 05:59:52 AM
Thanks for reply guys. I didn't say anything about revisions and my surgeon suggested it to me first, so I guess I really need it if he said so.
Elis, you're not harsh, thanks for the honesty! Your chest looks really good, and not weird to your body shape I think. Also I guess we have too high expectations and it makes hard to see what's"normal". My mom even said I'm anorexic in the chest area lol.
The surgeon did an awesome job with the scars, they are thin and very few and I feel I heal pretty quick. That's why I don't mind at all that I'll need some correction.

Thanks! :). It's hard for me to make up my mind whether I look like I have pecs or just small boobs  :D. I keep staring at topless guys every chance I get just to see if I look 'normal' lol

Hope the correction goes well; looks easily fixable

•  

Jared

Yeah, I'm also too focused on this right now  :-X
Thank you, I hope your healing process also goes well and you'll be more pleased as time passes ;)

•  

emptyspiral

6 weeks post op, still quite swollen but it's going down slowly. Nipples are starting to look like nipples now too!

•  

mrxsm

4 1/2 months post-op with Andy Ives and have been using cica care silicone strips for about 2 months now. There's a few things I'm still hoping will still settle out in time, like the dent on the left side but I'm really happy with how it's healed up so far!

•  

emptyspiral

Quote from: mrxsm on October 18, 2017, 04:52:32 AM
4 1/2 months post-op with Andy Ives and have been using cica care silicone strips for about 2 months now. There's a few things I'm still hoping will still settle out in time, like the dent on the left side but I'm really happy with how it's healed up so far!

Your chest is looking really great! I'm 7 weeks post op with him now and really happy so far. He always has really great results!

I'm not sure about my left nipple though (see photo above), it seems too close to the centre? I assume it's just the swelling pushing it towards the centre, because I've never seen him to have nipples not in the correct spot. What do you guys think? I'm guessing that as the swelling goes down and the skin retracts to fit the new contour that it'll be further out. I've also developed some kind of irritation around my nipples and incisions in the past week and I think it's just from the adhesives, so I've switched from micropore tape to Dermatix silicone scar treatment gel today.

•  

mrxsm

Quote from: emptyspiral on October 19, 2017, 03:46:37 AM
Your chest is looking really great! I'm 7 weeks post op with him now and really happy so far. He always has really great results!

I'm not sure about my left nipple though (see photo above), it seems too close to the centre? I assume it's just the swelling pushing it towards the centre, because I've never seen him to have nipples not in the correct spot. What do you guys think? I'm guessing that as the swelling goes down and the skin retracts to fit the new contour that it'll be further out. I've also developed some kind of irritation around my nipples and incisions in the past week and I think it's just from the adhesives, so I've switched from micropore tape to Dermatix silicone scar treatment gel today.

It does look closer to the centre. There's every chance it might even out though. This is what my chest looked like at the 1 month mark. I was pretty concerned about my nipples being different shapes, but they healed up almost identically. And I still had some bruising and swelling at 7 weeks.

Regardless, I don't think your nipple looks too out of place as is.
  •  

emptyspiral

Quote from: mrxsm on October 19, 2017, 06:28:44 AM
It does look closer to the centre. There's every chance it might even out though. This is what my chest looked like at the 1 month mark. I was pretty concerned about my nipples being different shapes, but they healed up almost identically. And I still had some bruising and swelling at 7 weeks.

Regardless, I don't think your nipple looks too out of place as is.

I think it's just me being impatient about healing, I have seen so many photos of Andy's results and his nipples have always been in the perfect positions. I really doubt he'd put my nipple too close to the centre. I'm still quite swollen so hopefully it moves out a bit
  •  

hgamad

Alrighty then where shall I start... Let me get a bit of history out of the way. My husband has been on T for about 3 years now. September 11, 2017 he finally had his top surgery ;D So 1 1/2 months ago. Of course all bandages are removed and stitches have dissolved. He has had a couple of "spit stitches" that we trimmed a bit and they just fell into place and the skin has grown and covered. He has since returned to work (on October 6th; forklift operator). I told him that I think it would be best that he compresses while at work to avoid stretching the incision site and to prevent swelling and pain but he does not want to because "I will sweat and I don't want it to get gross and infected and its very tight and uncomfortable". So with that, he compresses while he sleeps. We have been using Bio Oil, I have heard mixed reviews everywhere I look. Some say its wonderful and reduces scar appearance nicely and some say it does absolutely nothing so I guess it just depends on the person. Can't hurt to continue using it if its not causing any skin issues.

I read around and do my homework as much as I can, but I still feel like I need opinions on his specific case. His MAIN concern is that he feels as though not enough was removed to give him the flat look he wants. I have told him time and time again that he is still healing and it will take time. He just got cut open and stuff taken out for goodness sake! I also remind him that he will need to begin to workout as he is not in shape (which he agrees with). Building muscle in that area will give him the pecs he is looking for. But sometimes, I look at his chest and wonder the same thing... "did the surgeon really not take enough out? Will this really smooth out over time?"

He also has some hard places around the incision site, in which case I told him to massage the area and perhaps it could break up what is there. As of the last week, he has been telling me his nipples are becoming painful and he is just sore all in that area. When I read similar experiences, they are told to wait it out at least 6 months to one year (when he is fully healed) to have revisions as things may fall into place over time. I also see that he needs to workout (clearly within reasonable limits) to build the muscle but he is VERY dead set on revisions. With all that said I will now post pictures. Please, don't hold back, I want honest opinions and suggestions.

This picture is 1 week and 5 days post op.

This picture is one month post op.

The next three pictures are from right now. I tried to get up close as much as I could for detail.

•  

emptyspiral

@hgamad, I am very certain that it's just swelling. Have a look at the immediate post op photo compared to the recent ones. He was really flat initially! My swelling got worse a few weeks post op and I had the same worries. I am now just over 2 months post op and still fairly swollen. It can take months for it to really settle for some guys. He just has to be patient, it's not easy but that's all you can do. I wore my compression vest 24x7 for 8 weeks because my surgeon recommended it due to the extra swelling I had, and i definitely think that the compression helped
  •  

bonetheif

I'm happy to say that i can finally join this thread! I had top surgery (double incision) with Javad Sajan yesterday at 7 in the morning. Everything went well. when I woke up afterwords I was super groggy and when i got home i just went straight to bed. No nausea and only a little bit of pain specially in my throat. Mostly right now im itchy. The pain hasn't been too bad. I think I took my stronger pain meds twice before switching to Tylenol.

The worst thing i've dealt with was just getting myself to sit up cause i keep sliding and that the medical binder I have to wear was digging into my armpits. but when the nurse called to check up with me she said I can pull the binder down a bit but to make sure everything is covered. i also had to deal with a ton of leaking the first day/night and had to lay on towels so i wouldn't stain anything. I keep ending up walking slouched over cause if i stand up more straight it feels like my incisions get all tight.

Monday is when i get to see the final result in person. My dr, with patients permission actually snapchats his surgery's. which he did for mine! i was able to get a copy of all the videos for my surgery which was super cool! lipo totally looks brutal lol. So i did get to see my chest at the last bit of the video and i love it! But honestly this doesn't feel real? it really hasn't set in yet. My first post op is on Monday and hopefully i can get this stupid binder off. its suuuuppperr uncomfortable maybe then it will feel more real.
My mind's not a well;
It won't run dry.
Just keep drinking water and you'll be alright.
-Circa Survive
  •  

November Fox

I'm not happy about replying to this thread and seeing everybodies nipples looking normal and clean, instead of abominations...

You guessed it, still early for me (1 week). The left nip is fine, I can't really see because it still has a dressing over it, but the other one...I'm scared to look at it. It's nothing more than a pink disc oozing wound fluid and drops of blood. Sometimes I'm terrified it'll come right off.

So if anybody else has gruesome stories of the first weeks, please get back at me, help me ease the terrified mental state my nip put me in (joking but serious)
  •  

November Fox

@Elis it´s on your google drive, people need permission to access :)
Which is okay but I thought I´d mention it.

- update on periaureolar -

Left side looks fantastic.

The wound on the right side still closing. I get shooting pains in my right chest muscles, specially when I yawn.  >:(
Hoping that the right nip will end up looking like the left one. It looks kinda off.
  •  

Elis

Quote from: November Fox on February 08, 2018, 11:43:08 AM
@Elis it´s on your g7oogle drive, people need permission to access :)
Which is okay but I thought I´d mention it.

Thanks; fixed it :)

•  

Khatru

Wooo I can finally post here! I had peri-areolar surgery by Dr Selvaggi in Gothenburg, Sweden, 5 days ago.

First few days were the worst, especially the day of surgery. I got to go home the same day and I was miserable, I had lost a lot of blood and the anaesthesia hadn't worn off and made me very dizzy. I had to lie down all the time or else I'd pass out or throw up... Now I'm feeling pretty good though. I'm still on antibiotics and cyklokapron (to treat the blood loss) so I'm still very tired all the time, but at least I'm off the stronger pain meds! The compressive bandage is a pain but I've started to sleep without it and only wear it during the day. I'm able to move my arms pretty easily but my torso mobility is still limited. I've had one drain out, the other will be removed on Friday when I do my 1 week checkup. Could have it removed today but there are no available appointments left at the health centre today or tomorrow so I'll just have to wait... I hate the drains, I really do. I can feel them move around under my skin and it's extremely uncomfortable. And the side where it's removed I can feel air bubbles? Or at least it feels like air bubbles.

On Friday I'll get the nipple gauze removed and I can start shower normally!! Picture below is from 4 days post op.

it's obviously still swollen and bruised but so far it looks promising. Can't wait for it to heal!
  •