Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

FFS whatd you get or what are you getting done

Started by nonameyet, December 30, 2013, 10:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nonameyet

i look in the mirror and dont even know where to start so im just curious.
Just delete my profile. im done with this site.
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Nose job. Definitely Nose job...

Next week I'll want a lip lift. Then the week after that I'll be secure with those things, but I'll be more insecure about my mandible. Probably the week after that I'll wish I could get my forehead redone.

Just redo it all... lol.
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

Katie

•  

Jill F

I'm getting an endoscopic brow lift, eyelid lift, possible endoscopic mid-face lift, liposuction, scar revision and moles removed in March.

Apparently I don't need much in the feminization department.

I'm going to be one cute amazon, dammit!
  •  

Ltl89

I've been told by many people that FFS would be unnecessary and superfluous for me to do.  However, I've never liked my nose and it is the one thing that is really bothering me about my appearance at the moment.  Most of the ares that need improvement (in my opinion) are easy fixes (better brow shaping, finding the right hair style, reducing beard shadow, etc), but my nose can't be changed without surgery.  So, I decided I'm just going to have a nose job when I can afford it.   I don't think it's a make or break kind of thing (in terms of passing) but I want to feel pretty and it gets to me.  While I've been told it isn't bad and that surgery is a mistake, it would make me happy to improve my nose. 
  •  

vlmitchell

Nuthin. I like my face just fine and, given the option of either having a face that I'm perfectly okay with or a face that's closer to a model's but doesn't fit my body or personality and have to pay out the nose for it all while recovering in sheer agony, I'll just go spend the money on something more worthwhile.
  •  

BunnyBee

I'm in the no thank you crowd.

For those thinking about having it done, please wait FOR A WHILE after being on HRT.  My face didn't stop changing until about 2 years into it, and I look significantly different from when I started.  I just happened to be looking at old pictures of myself last night and I was shocked.
  •  

Donna Elvira

For those who don't need FFS, all to the good as, depending on how much you need done, you are talking about some very long surgery under general anesthetic. For me it was  two times more than 7 hours for the main procedures plus another 4 hours recently for a face lift and a couple of small tweaks to previous work. This is both gruelling, requiring long recovery times (not as bad as GRS  though as you generally look good enough to go back to work after " to 4
weeks), and very expensive.

However, if you do need it and I did (see before and after here https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,156352.msg1317629.html#msg1317629 while ignoring the exchange which goes with it, by far the most unpleasant I've had on this forum), the results can be quite extraordinary.

I basically did every procedure in the book except tracheal shave and canthopexy but consider that it was well worth it. I could never have transitioned succesfully with the face I had whereas now I am really comfortable presenting as a woman.
Hugs et bonne année à toutes!
Donna
  •