Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

I have been thinking about buying an outfit...

Started by Kara, June 12, 2007, 06:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kara

Besides sleep trunks, I have never bought female clothes before. Since I am moving forward, I think that If I don't at least one our two nice outfits, I will never want to go out. True, I worry about my facial hair but a shave and a bit of make-up might make me decent for a quick outing. Or even If I just stay in my apartment, It would be nice to have somthing other than my wig.

But to my question, If I was buying online and wear a 34/32 in mens sizes( actually 32/32, I just like the space) What would be a safe size for me in Womens?

Also, If I ever get over my fear of tucking, what would be a safe guess with underwear?

Thanks.
  •  

Melissa-kitty

If you go to an online clothes retailer, they will have size guides to go on, let this guide you. Check clearance sections. Try shops that sell used clothes.. a good way to pick up good stuff cheap. Remember the 11th commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Pay Retail!"
Namaste, Tara
  •  

Krisstina

Quote from: Kara on June 12, 2007, 06:47:44 PM

But to my question, If I was buying online and wear a 34/32 in mens sizes( actually 32/32, I just like the space) What would be a safe size for me in Womens?

It is always hit and miss but I think size 12 to 14 would be close to a 32 waist and size 6 panties or medium.

Kristina
  •  

Keira

Its 12 (real 12, not vanity 12) for something fitted at the waist, but female clothes will have a substantial hip at that size with may look strange if you don't have them.

In skirts that hang at hip level, that probably means you'll need 2 or 4 sizes smaller or it will fall off (a 8 skirt that hangs off the hips has a 38 inch hip).

In dresses it matters less as long as the waist fits, so it would be 12.

In pants, same as in skirts 12 if its on the waist, 8 or 10 for hip huggers, except you should try to find a straighter cut if your don't have much hips (I think gap has several different cuts),

•  

stephanology

First off, congrats on taking this step!

I agree with Tara, if you are buying online, use their own size guides.  Invest in a fabric or plastic sewing tape measure to determine your measurements, though, rarely more than two dollars at Michael's or Mart-stores.

The bigger question is what do you think your first outfit would be?  I think a skirt and blouse with a cute pair of shoes is a good starting point.  You know your own body best, but I think any girl needs a good dark skirt, and finding a top you like is a fun passtime!  Oh, and black flats, every girl needs a pair of black flats!

Best of luck, Kara!

-S

PS:  I agree that size six in panties would probably be comfy!
  •