Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Journal Entry

Started by no_id, July 07, 2007, 06:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no_id

In the FAQ thread I mentioned I was working on a special journal entry, and zythyra asked me to share it.

Honestly, it took me quite some time to write this, and I have to admit that I am feeling a tad nervous about sharing it... :-X Luckily I had a few members such as Alex and DRAIN who read it beforehand, and their replies served as the slight push in the back that I needed.  :icon_flower: Thank you to both.

First of I would like to share my motivation for writing this (note that the following quotes are from my journal):

QuoteI seriously never knew it's so bloody hard to explain androgyny to someone. It appears that the only way to explain androgyny is by bombing the questioner with confusing terminology that really only brings up more questions.

Quote.... instead of using terms I will take the time, and make the effort to describe what it feels like to be androgyne, and how that label is truly important to me. In fact, I will be dedicating an entire entry to it (keep in mind that I'm still on painkillers at the moment so I don't have the clarity to connect too many dots), and give everyone the choice to either read it or disgard it. After all, I do realise that this aspect of my life may appear to be a tad too foreign to some[..] But, yes, it is important to me, and for once I do hope that what I write is truly read.

And, thus nothing is left for me but to post the link to the entry:
http://www.acornrack.com/no_id/

I decided to present it on a seperate website since I didn't want to spam the forum with 2100+ words (Yes, I am that conscious about starting threads ;)).. And now I shall go hide in a corner. :icon_cute:

•  

Shana A

QuoteI decided to present it on a seperate website since I didn't want to spam the forum with 2100+ words (Yes, I am that conscious about starting threads Wink).. And now I shall go hide in a corner. icon_cute

Thanks so much for sharing no-id (or J, whichever you prefer). Your writing is great, and I really like how you tell your story without use of transgender terminology. It's an all too familiar feeling when I try to explain who I am to people outside (and inside as well) the gender community, and eyes glaze over  ::)

zythyra
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

no_id

Thanks zythyra, I'm very glad you enjoyed it.  :icon_cute:
Not using terminlogy, and keeping the personal partials as 'flat' as possible was a challenge, and I'm glad to know that I somewhat pulled it off.

I have noticed that androgyny appears to be almost similiary foreign to individuals outside the TG community as inside. It's a complex subject, I have to agree, and hard to understand. I don't think I even clompletely understand it.  :-X
  •  

Kendall

Wow. Very well written and almost poetic.

Ken
  •  

no_id

Quote from: Ken/Kendra on July 08, 2007, 09:14:10 AM
Wow. Very well written and almost poetic.

Ken

Thank you :)
That's a great compliment, and I'm happy you enjoyed my entry :D
  •  

Kendall

I put it on the list on the faq, though I have to still sort and rearrange everything when I get some time.

Thanks.

Ken
  •