Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Buddhism-Summed Up In One Word

Started by Anatta, January 06, 2014, 09:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megan Rose

Very good, thank you Zenda, asking such an inciteful question.

My word: "Mu"
  •  

warlockmaker

"Harmony"  from one who has been a Zen Bhuddist for over 30 years
When we first start our journey the perception and moral values all dramatically change in wonderment. As we evolve further it all becomes normal again but the journey has changed us forever.

SRS January 21st,  2558 (Buddhist calander), 2015
  •  

Megan Rose

Yes, Harmony is good.   Equanimity is good too.

Gassho
  •  

whereto

i'm a buddhist, born and raised in Asia. if i have to sum it up in one word. it got to be "inner peace". oops i cheat :O two words.
  •  

Katiepie

There are quite a few different words or collections of word I can use for Buddhism.

The middle ground.
Signifying you stay on your destined path of living life.

Acceptance
Accepting what everything has to offer but just letting it all go on its own course. There's that one word, it escapes me for the time being, but it basically means "everything happens"

Simple
You don't need anything else but what is necessary.

There are many ways to describe Buddhism, and its all in a way of acceptance and let live. You are neither the creator or destroyer, just simply on a path to enlightenment, or nirvana.

Kate <3
My life motto: Wake Up and BE Awesome!

"Every minute of your life that you allow someone to dictate your emotions, is a minute of your life you are allowing them to control you." - a dear friend of mine.

Stay true to yourself no matter the consequence, for this is your life, your decision, your trust in which will shape your future. Believe in yourself, if you don't then no one will.
  •  

DogSpirit

Quote from: Megan Rose on March 26, 2015, 01:21:05 AM
My word: "Mu"

Excellent! I hear think of Pirsig (Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance) when I hear that word.

My word: unblinking

When I was in the midst of chemo, nausea would overtake me out of the blue. If I was at work, I couldn't do my preferred medication and had to rely on pills, which took 20 minutes to have an effect. Buddhism taught me how to make it through those 20 minutes, not by trying to ignore the nausea, but instead to look at it straight on. Study how it made me feel physically, emotionally, mentally, etc. This let me "separate myself" from the nausea, to realize that it was just passing through me, or I was just passing through it.

I see Buddhism as unblinkingly acknowledging whatever is.
===============================================
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in
-- Leonard Cohen, "Anthem"
  •  

Lunacorn

Quote from: Jenna Stannis on January 08, 2014, 07:58:36 PM
I mean, anyone who really needs to be told not to steal, not to kill and not to lie probably won't be huge advocates of Buddhism anyway.

the concept of right mindfullness and right action and some pieces of the eight fold path were taught to me by a murderer.

Check out dharma punx online  its a rad community of folks who get together and sit and many come from criminal backgrounds.  Cant find peace till you lose it. <3
Lunacorns are adorable

Pronouns: she / they

--Admin ATTN--
Agender is not avail nor is NB in gender list under profile settings
  •  

Janes Groove

•  

Lunacorn

Lunacorns are adorable

Pronouns: she / they

--Admin ATTN--
Agender is not avail nor is NB in gender list under profile settings
  •  

Nari

I choose..... Mushotoku.

Japanese for "No-goal"
  •  

RoryL

"I will not have my life narrowed down. I will not bow down to somebody else's whim or to someone else's ignorance" - bell hooks

"The best mind-altering drug is the truth." - Lily Tomlin

•