Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

First laser (New photos Jan 5th)

Started by Harlow, October 15, 2013, 02:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

Very helpful. I'm glad you are before me so that I know what is coming. :) I get my first lasering done on tuesday. Can I post pics to? I dont want to commandeer your thread, just wanted to ask.
  •  

Harlow

Quote from: Ксениа on November 17, 2013, 03:38:26 PM
Very helpful. I'm glad you are before me so that I know what is coming. :) I get my first lasering done on tuesday. Can I post pics to? I dont want to commandeer your thread, just wanted to ask.

Thanks for asking, yes please do! Maybe it will become a stickey?? I haven't seen a thread yet that is fully documented with photos. I will take some update photos tomorrow, I think my skin is healing a bit, still slightly rough looking in texture. Just got my dermablend cover cream too, will take before an after photos very soon  ;D

•  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

Quote from: Harlow on November 18, 2013, 09:26:06 PM
Thanks for asking, yes please do! Maybe it will become a stickey?? I haven't seen a thread yet that is fully documented with photos. I will take some update photos tomorrow, I think my skin is healing a bit, still slightly rough looking in texture. Just got my dermablend cover cream too, will take before an after photos very soon  ;D

OK then, I get my laser done in a few hours. I can not wait and I am a little nervous too. lol. I wwill take before pics, and right after pics and post them when I get home. :)
  •  

Harlow

2nd round of laser. This time she increased the strength of the laser, she didn't tell me to what though?! And I forgot to ask. Also this is an IPL laser, but I don't know the model, I will ask next time ;)

This time right afterwards I got what looked like little ingrown hairs. Of course they weren't because this was just a few short hours after the service. I'm assuming it was just from heat alone, but you can see them in the picture.

Like the first time it is really hard to get a good close shave a day or two after. These shots are taken 2 days after, but the area looks the same as it did right after.

A few weeks after my first laser session, I got very very extremely dry skin around my mouth. It took a lot of exfoliating and literally oil (not cooking oil ;) )to get my flaky skin back to it's normal condition. So this time I have started a regimen in hopes to avoid that situation.

I bought an analgesic cream with Lidocaine in it, it also says that it combats ingrown hairs, inflammation etc. It numbs you up really good just after a minute, it says to use AFTER a service but next time I'm going to ask if I can use it before hand. I know I've read somewhere on here that usually the techs offer something like this. So I'm sure it's fine, just want to get the official OK from her before posting that it is alright to use before hand. Anyway it is called "Res-Q Analgesic Soothing Cream" by SatinSmooth which also has a whole waxing line which I sell at work.

So I've been using that product in the mornings after shaving and layer my skin creams and an oil that is sold to be used on hair but can also be used on the skin. The oil is all natural and contains no petrolatum products such as mineral oil so it is non comedegenic meaning it won't cause blocked pores leading to acneic skin, it's called Bassu oil by a brand called "Surface" in salons only. I than continue with my makeup regimen.

At night after thoroughly cleansing my face, I use a heavy makeup primer that is kind of greasy in a really good way! It's called "Fabu-Fill" by Clinical Care Skin Solutions. It's amazing I love it and it soothes the skin while intensely moisturizing. It's meant to be worn under makeup, but I use it as a super intense moisturizer. I then put a product by Earthly Body called "Miracle Oil" which is very healing. It has tea tree oil: an antiseptic, antibacterial and anti fungal. Hemp seed oil: rich in essential fatty acids and vitamin E an antioxidant. I than sometimes go overkill and put on top of that, 100% vitamin E oil. In the mornings I lightly exfoliate, after carefully shaving and then slather on the good stuff again. So far so good :D

Anyway just some really good products to use, and as I manage a beauty supply that's kind of my gig to spread the word. I love talking shop XD

Anyway now what you've been waiting for...So unflattering!!!  :icon_blah: ... For the better good...right?

Front:

Sides:

Under chin:

•  

Cassie 4 Ever!!!

I just had my second treatment yesterday... It still hurt really bad. :( I swear waxing hurts less.
  •  

Harlow

Quote from: Ксениа on January 10, 2014, 05:57:14 PM
I just had my second treatment yesterday... It still hurt really bad. :( I swear waxing hurts less.

I know, I'm so thankful that I don't have a full beard, she does it in about 10 mins possibly less. Have you tried any numbing creams with lidocaine in it? I am going to use that next time and will report back, I'm pretty sure it's okay and it does numb quite a bit, even my lips get numb and I don't put the cream on them!   

When I feel the singe I just think of how soon it will all be GONE!!! ;D

•  

Ms Grace

I wish I could get laser on my beard but the hairs are too light for it to be effective. I had a couple of sessions but had close to zero benefit from it. Sigh. Sure it was painful but at least it's not as time intensive or expensive as electrolysis (which is equally as painful...)

Looks like it's coming along Harlow!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Harlow

Quote from: Ms Grace on January 11, 2014, 01:02:50 PM
Looks like it's coming along Harlow!

Yay! I just can't wait for session 3 that's when she said her male & TG female clients start seeing real results, that will be in February and I will be posting more photos than  ;)

•