Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

laser and numbing creme

Started by Missadventure, January 17, 2014, 11:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missadventure

This is obviously a noob question. But, I've been working on my face with a Tria. It pretty much hurts like insanity above level 2, so I've just been rocking level 5. Sadly, the pain is way too intense to do more than a small area at a time - even with icing, and taking 5 advil. Bring drunk also didn't make it any more tolerable. So, I got some 5% lidocane creme. My first attempt was to smear it on, let it sit for like 5 minutes, then wipe it off. Still hurt about as much would've without the creme.

So, I was wondering. Am I supposed to leave the creme on when lasering? I feel like that wouldn't work. Should I leave it on longer before wiping it off? Any advice? Should I wait a while for it to numb? Or, should the numbing happen pretty quickly?

Any other advice for lessening the pain? I did just order the one touch home elecrolysis machine, with the goal of thinning out the facial hair in an attempt to make laser less painful. On other areas of my body with less densely packed hair I can handle the level 5 of the tria no problem. But, with the face, the pain is epic And sadly, although there is definitely a visible reduction of beard shadow in the areas I've done, I've only seen 4 hairs eject in 3 weeks of use.

Flan

Try like 10-15 min or until the skin is blanched and as a side effect the lidocaine dripping off your face  ;D . And ibuprofen although anything oral will only really help reduce inflammation and not take the edge off pain wise.
Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr.
  •