Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

I was aware a age 4 how did it happen for those later

Started by stephaniec, February 09, 2014, 03:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jussmoi4nao

I've always known I wanted to be a girl. Its the one most important thing I've always associated with myself and ever since my earliest memory it's made me feel really invisible. The worst is it's never stopped, all these years I've probably thought about it everyday.
  •  

ana

QuoteJustMoi wrote:
The worst is it's never stopped, all these years I've probably thought about it everyday.

Every single day for me too !!!!  umm let's see I am turning 40 so that is 365 days x 36 years (4 years old earliest time I can recall) = 13,140 (approx.) days of thinking about it.
"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.... Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary."
  •  

TessaMarie

I knew I wanted to be a girl when I was 5.  I remember the day quite vividly.

I'm not too sure how I knew I had to hide that desire very, very well; but somehow I did.  While the thoughts & desires would resurface often over the years, I was always able to push them back down out of my conscious mind up until January of last year.  That was when I realised that all the "fantasies" were not just idle dreams, but something real that was not about to go away.
Gender Journey:    Male-towards-Female;    Destination Unknown
All shall be well.
And all shall be well.
And all manner of things shall be well.    (Julian of Norwich, c.1395)
  •  

stephaniec

Quote from: TessaMarie on February 11, 2014, 04:47:58 PM
I knew I wanted to be a girl when I was 5.  I remember the day quite vividly.

I'm not too sure how I knew I had to hide that desire very, very well; but somehow I did.  While the thoughts & desires would resurface often over the years, I was always able to push them back down out of my conscious mind up until January of last year.  That was when I realised that all the "fantasies" were not just idle dreams, but something real that was not about to go away.
I always tried to push it away and it never failed to come back stronger then before. I finally gave up trying to push it away.
  •  

TessaMarie

Quote from: stephaniec on February 11, 2014, 06:42:52 PM
I always tried to push it away and it never failed to come back stronger then before. I finally gave up trying to push it away.
I was a little bit more stubborn than that.  I kept trying to ignore the 'push' until it snuck up on me & got me into an ER. 
My wake-up call was realising, while lying on a gurney in an ER hallway, that I had just caused my own visit to the ER. 
That was the point when I knew I had to face what had been hidden deep inside my head for 38 years.
Gender Journey:    Male-towards-Female;    Destination Unknown
All shall be well.
And all shall be well.
And all manner of things shall be well.    (Julian of Norwich, c.1395)
  •