Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

This is so awesome. Made me weep for society in a good way.

Started by Jill F, October 30, 2013, 01:56:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cindy

•  

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Ms Grace

Wow, I can hardly believe that isn't a hoax post...?? Big Bird was already a hero (heroine) of mine, but now... awesome!
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

suzifrommd

Given the other headlines on the site, (and the rest of the article's content, which runs from suspect to absurd), I'm pretty sure this is not intended as factual.

Other headlines from same site:

MO Woman Possessed by Demon after Signing Up for ObamaCare

Satan Worshiping Child Beheads Cat for Show-and-Tell

CDC Report Reveals Existence of 'Zombies'
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

Jessica Merriman

Read the comments after the story and you will see a long way to go. Some of the comments made me cry and realize things are just the same. Doesn't matter though, at least I have my family here. Who needs more than that, right?   :)
  •  

Amy The Bookworm

"*DISCLAIMER: The National Report is an online portal for "citizen journalists". The views expressed by writers on this site are theirs alone and are not reflective of the fine journalistic and editorial integrity of National Report. Advice given is NOT to be construed as professional. If you are in need of professional help, please consult a professional. National Report is not intended for children under the age of 18."

Sorry, Jill   :-\ but it's indeed a fake story. Even their disclaimer is meant to be read as a joke.
  •  

Jill F

D'oh!  *Facepalm*

My wife sent me that as if...

Must take ADD meds next time.
  •  

Devlyn

Looks like this thread will be on the next bus out of News and straight to the Humour section!
  •  

Ms Grace

Ha! I thought it seemed unlikely, still it's nice to dream and Big Bird is still awesome.
Grace
----------------------------------------------
Transition 1.0 (Julie): HRT 1989-91
Self-denial: 1991-2013
Transition 2.0 (Grace): HRT June 24 2013
Full-time: March 24, 2014 :D
  •  

Lauren5

Quote from: Grace_C on October 30, 2013, 12:59:07 PMHa! I thought it seemed unlikely, still it's nice to dream and Big Bird is still awesome.
And Sesame Street has always been one of the best ways to educate children about real issues that they may not experience in a lighthearted manner that they can understand. Big Bird was always more of an andro, it seemed to me. I never cared, it's still  loveable character. The Cookie Monster change was slightly disheartening, but it was for the better, as children become more and more gullible to television
Hey, you've reached Lauren's signature! If you have any questions, want to talk, or just need a shoulder to cry on, leave me a message, and I'll get back to you.
*beep*

Full time: 12/12/13
Started hormones: 26/3/14
FFS: No clue, winter/spring 2014/15 maybe?
SRS: winter/spring 2014/15?
  •  

Jill F

In other news Cookie Monster fronts the death metal band, Pastor of Muppets...

*more facepalm*
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

Take a look at the News Anchors (Sarah Palin and Ted Cruz)....
Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

rinaballerina

I am actually not surprised about big bird.

but
"Elmo grappling with issues of puberty and masturbation"...  :o wait. Sesame Street sure HAS changed. I'm just curious how they go about approaching this. Has the age demographic gone up?  ???
"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows..." — Audrey Hepburn
  •  

Beth Andrea

LOL at "grappling" and "masturbation" in the same sentence....

;D
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

rinaballerina

Quote from: Beth Andrea on December 23, 2013, 07:59:10 AM
LOL at "grappling" and "masturbation" in the same sentence....

;D
-snickerrr- ewiieee.
If I cant handle this how can a kid!?
"The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows..." — Audrey Hepburn
  •